This canal cruise along the Marne River will lead you right in the heart of the Champagne region, home to the most celebrated wine in the world aboard the luxurious and intimate Nenuphar barge with a capacity of only 12 passengers.
In this cruise you will get insights in the making of the Drink of Kings and discover a rich in history from Joan of Arc to the great World Wars. Of course, there will be many opportunities to taste. If this year marks your 50th birthday or you are celebrating a quinquennial wedding anniversary (i.e. 5 years, 10 years, up to 50) you will receive a discount on the price of the cruise up to 50%. You will need to submit birth or wedding certificate to qualify.
Consider chartering a whole barge for the exclusive pleasure of your group. It can be a group of friends, family members traveling together or association. The barge cruise can be centered on a theme of your choice like gastronomy, wine, art and any other interest you may have.
- Reims, the site of all the kings of France’s coronations
- Epernay, the Champagne capital of the world
- Medieval hilltop town of Laon
- Historic Chateau Thierry
- American Cemetery and The First World War battlefields
- Guided visit and wine tasting at Moet & Chandon and other vintners where you will learn the secrets of method Champenoise
Date: every Sunday to Saturday; April to late fall.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe France Outdoor: Water Drifter Boating and Sailing