At each vela, a young woman is chosen to be the princess. In Tehuantepec, the final and most important event of the season is the Vela Zandunga. It is at this dance that a young woman is chosen for the highest honor of Queen. That night I felt like Cinderella at the ball, and dancing with the other zandungas, young and old, I felt the unity, sisterhood, and sense of belonging that a woman has in the Isthmus. The meaning of a true zandunga is a woman who radiates beauty, enthusiasm and pride - and these women truly bear that honor. The Vela Zandunga tour is a chance for all of us to indulge and live the life of a zandunga, learning about the matriarchal culture of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, complete with private tours, cooking classes and participation in a memorable series of fiestas included in the adventure. Come with me, dress as a native in elaborate costumes and enjoy the tropical sounds of live bands as we dance under the stars with my friends, the Tehuanas, in this most moving and exciting region of Oaxaca. Arrive and depart from the nearest airport in Huatulco, Oaxaca.
- Deposit, Cancellations And Refunds: To secure your place in a class or course, a deposit is required. This information will be sent to you when you make your reservation.
- Courses and culinary tours: Twenty-five percent of the total price (including single supplement) will be charged if a participant cancels 60 days to 30 days prior to the course. When the cancellation occurs between the 29th day to the first day of the course, no refund will be given unless the space is sold to another participant.
- If the space is filled, a refund less the non-refundable deposit will be given. A written notification must be received prior to refund. If the course is canceled by us, all fees will be refunded.
- Responsibility: We assume no liability or responsibility for any delay, loss, damage, injury or accident with regards to persons or property caused by fault or negligence of any hotel, transportation, or local operator rendering a part of our services. We shall not be responsible for any expense caused by loss or damage of personal items.
- It is the participant's responsibility to be adequately insured. We strongly recommend traveler's insurance. The acceptance of our verbal or written confirmation, and a deposit or final payment for services, constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions listed in this brochure. Some reserves the right to make any changes, with or without notice, which might become necessary.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
North America Mexico Local Culture Food & Wine Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend