The Northern mountain range of the Sierra Madre has a moist micro climate perfect for producing many types of wild mushrooms. We travel in air-conditioned vans and lodge in cozy wooden cabins in picturesque villages in the mountains. My co-maestro, Mark Thomsen, from the Mycological Society of San Francisco, is an experienced mushroom identifier with interesting -stories and anecdotes about each variety. It was a great exchange of information with local experts last year and we expect more guest local experts to participate this year. We must have cooked over 20 different hongo dishes, complete with the mother load harvest of black chanterelles that we introduced to the locals for the first time. This tour starts and ends in Oaxaca City.
- Deposit, Cancellations And Refunds: To secure your place in a class or course, a deposit is required. This information will be sent to you when you make your reservation.
- Courses and culinary tours: Twenty-five percent of the total price (including single supplement) will be charged if a participant cancels 60 days to 30 days prior to the course. When the cancellation occurs between the 29th day to the first day of the course, no refund will be given unless the space is sold to another participant.
- If the space is filled, a refund less the non-refundable deposit will be given. A written notification must be received prior to refund. If the course is cancelled by Seasons of My Heart, all fees will be refunded.
- Responsibility: We assume no liability or responsibility for any delay, loss, damage, injury or accident with regards to persons or property caused by fault or negligence of any hotel, transportation, or local operator rendering a part of our services. We shall not be responsible for any expense caused by loss or damage of personal items.
- It is the participant's responsibility to be adequately insured. We strongly recommend traveler's insurance. The acceptance of our verbal or written confirmation, and a deposit or final payment for services, constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions listed in this brochure. Some reserves the right to make any changes, with or without notice, which might become necessary.
Also see tour packages in:
North America Mexico Local Culture Food & Wine Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend