The next part of the journey continues north to the picturesque mountain village of Huautla de Jimenez, high in the mountains, where we will stay two nights and cook with an old friend of Susanas, Choli, and her Mazatecan family. The Sunday market is not to be missed. We will go there and see the local embroidery crafts, try unique indigenous foods and after touring the market we will make a special traditional dish featuring their local dried chiles, learn the cuisine, culture, music and dance of these people. In this high altitude village people still practice shamanism and we will visit a curandera and everyone will participate in a “limpia”. Next, we will travel to the Mixteca region. After stopping in Teposcolula to see the impressive church,we will spend two nights in Tlaxiaco to learn about the costeno rojo chiles of this area. We will travel to Chalcatongo to learn the famous dish of that village and cool our palates off with the ancient drink, pulque, sweetened with miel de maguey. Returning to Oaxaca, we will have a cooking class at Rancho Aurora and prepare our farewell feast. This tour starts and ends in Oaxaca City.
- Deposit, Cancellations And Refunds: To secure your place in a class or course, a deposit is required. This information will be sent to you when you make your reservation.
- Courses and culinary tours: Twenty-five percent of the total price (including single supplement) will be charged if a participant cancels 60 days to 30 days prior to the course. When the cancellation occurs between the 29th day to the first day of the course, no refund will be given unless the space is sold to another participant.
- If the space is filled, a refund less the non-refundable deposit will be given. A written notification must be received prior to refund. If the course is cancelled by us, all fees will be refunded.
- Responsibility: We assume no liability or responsibility for any delay, loss, damage, injury or accident with regards to persons or property caused by fault or negligence of any hotel, transportation, or local operator rendering a part of our services. We shall not be responsible for any expense caused by loss or damage of personal items.
- It is the participant's responsibility to be adequately insured. We strongly recommend traveler's insurance. The acceptance of our verbal or written confirmation, and a deposit or final payment for services, constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions listed in this brochure. Some reserves the right to make any changes, with or without notice, which might become necessary.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
North America Mexico Local Culture Food & Wine Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend