With scheduled flights being available between Johannesburg and Kruger and on to Cape Town we have chosen this combination to allow you to then easily 'clip on' one or more tour extensions to create an exciting itinerary that best suits your preferences. Kruger Park is reknowned for its big game whilst Cape Town adds sophistication and stunning scenery from Table Mountain to the fabulous winelands of the Cape.
Kruger NP – Cape Town – Cape Winelands
Day 1: Depart Johannesburg by private charter directly into Kruger National Park. You will be met and transferred to Jock’s Safari Lodge, a drive of about 1 hour – game viewing en route.
Afternoon game activity. Overnight Jock’s safari Lodge (Fully Inclusive)
Day 2-4: A typical day at Jock’s (Always expect the unexpected though)
• Early morning game drives start with a wake up call between 05h00 and 06h00; tea and coffee is served in the lounge before heading out for your game drive.
• Leave in time to catch the sunrise & great animal viewing.
• Return to camp by 9am and enjoy a hearty breakfast.
• Join guided Walking safaris after breakfast where your game rangers offer fauna and flora lectures and magnificent rock art viewing.
• Each topic is discussed and guests are welcome to set the pace as they wish.
• There is of course always the good possibility of game viewing on these outings.
• Lunch and relaxation time is enjoyed until the big game drive starts in the late afternoon.
• Beverages and snacks are served at a scenic place en route to watch the African sunset.
• Once back from the evening game drive, dinner is served at the lodge or in your own room if you wish.
Day 5: After a last morning game activity, transfer to Nelspruit for your connecting flight to Cape Town (approx. one and a half hours).
Arrive in Cape Town where you will be met and transferred to the Radisson Hotel on the doorstep on the V&A Waterfront.
Afternoon at leisure. Overnight The Radisson Hotel (B&B)
Day 6: You have a full day to see the sights of Cape Town – select between a host of available tour options including a visit to Robben Island, a cable-car ride up Table Mountain, a scenic drive to Cape Point and many more.
Overnight The Radisson Hotel (B&B).
Day 7: The hotel will liaise with you as regards a suitable time for your transfer to Franschoek. Spend part of the day sight seeing in Cape Town or drive directly out to the winelands after a relaxing breakfast – its entirely up to you.
Enjoy a brief tour as you drive from Cape Town, stopping along the route to see the sights.
Overnight Franschoek Hotel (B&B).
Day 8: A day at leisure or you may wish to do a winery tour and experience the fabulous cuisine to be found in this culinary region.
Overnight Franschoek Hotel (B&B).
Day 9: After breakfast you will be taken on a tour through the winelands and down the coast to Kommatjie – your final stop on this tour.
Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at Long Beach Boutique Hotel (B&B).
Day 10: Full day at leisure to enjoy the tranquil surrounds and views across Hout Bay or take a stroll through the nearby fishing village of Kommatjie.
Overnight at Long Beach Boutique Hotel (B&B).
Day 11: After breakfast transfer to Cape Town airport for your return flight to Johannesburg. And onward tour extensions if requested.
End of arrangements.
Price USD 2,075 per person sharing.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa South Africa Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing National Parks
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend