- Round-trip air travel to Vienna (supplement may apply, based on departure city)
- Air Taxes and fuel surcharge
- Arrival, departure and all transfers in Vienna as per itinerary
- 6 nights accommodation in the hotel of your choice (based on availability)
- Daily breakfast buffet
- Grand City sightseeing tour of Vienna including Schoenbrunn Palace
- Excursion to the Southern Vienna Woods
- Private waltz lesson
- “Vienna and its Musical History” sightseeing tour
- Ticket to an operetta at the Volksopera
- Gala performance at the Spanish Riding School
- Ticket to Le Grand Bal and Gala Dinner
- New Year's concert with the Vienna Hofburg Orchestra
- Traditional "Heurigen" evening with local wines, food and entertainment
- Local representative in Vienna
- Comprehensive information kit.
- Services can be added or deleted to customize your New Year's celebration
- Additional days and different dates available
- This program can be combined with "Romantic Christmas in Salzburg."
Day 1 - Wednesday, December 26th: Departure from the U.S. to Vienna on a transatlantic flight. Dinner and breakfast will be served on board.
Day 2 - Thursday, December 27th: Arrive in Vienna in the morning and transfer to your hotel. After check-in, the rest of the day is at your leisure to relax and recover from the trip. Stroll through the city this afternoon and experience the sweet life of Vienna, its famous cuisine, coffeehouses and local wines.
Day 3 - Friday, December 28th: This morning, you will take a guided sightseeing tour of Vienna, including a visit to Schoenbrunn Palace. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to enjoy the many sights and sounds the city has to offer.
Day 4 - Saturday, December 29th: After breakfast, an excursion has been arranged to the Southern Vienna Woods, featuring the Abbey of Heiligenkreuz and Mayerling, the former Imperial Hunting Lodge. Return to Vienna through the romantic Helenental and via Baden. After lunch on your own, you may want to shop along Kaertnerstrasse or the Graben. Tonight, you will attend an operetta performance at the Volksopera “Wiener Blut” by J. Strauss. Transfer to and from the theater is included.
Day 5 - Sunday, December 30th: This morning we have arranged for a waltz lesson with the most prestigious dance school of Vienna. This afternoon your guide will take you on a special tour, “Vienna and its Musical History,” which will lead you to many sights and memorials related to the numerous musicians who lived and worked in this city. The lives of Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Strauss and many more great composers, conductors, musicians and singers are closely associated with Vienna. The rest of the day is at your leisure.
Day 6 - Monday, December 31th: This morning, enjoy breakfast at your leisure. At 11:00 am, you will attend a gala performance at the famous Spanish Riding School, featuring the amazing Lipizzaner Stallions. The remainder of the day is yours to prepare for the most traditional of Austrian balls, Le Grand Bal. Upon arrival at the Hofburg, you are greeted by the Imperial Couple and served a welcome cocktail followed by the Gala Dinner. Stars of the State Opera and Volksopera sing and dance, inviting you to dance the night away and welcome in the New Year in style.
Day 7 - Tuesday, January 1st: A mid-morning transfer takes you to the traditional New Year's concert. Hear the waltzes and operetta melodies performed by the Hofburg Orchestra and singers, and watch the ballet dancers. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Tonight enjoy a typical Heurigen Dinner in one of the wine-growing villages surrounding Vienna. Sample local food and wine while being entertained by local Viennese musicians.
Day 8 - Wednesday, January 2nd: Transfer to the airport for your flight back to the U.S. Should you wish to extend your stay in Austria or one of its neighboring countries, our professional staff would be pleased to assist you.
- A list of scheduled cultural events will be provided. Tickets can be obtained in advance through us.
- Tickets to the Spanish Riding School performance are limited, and available on a first come first serve basis.
Optional: Transfer to Ball in horse-drawn carriage (1-4 persons) available at $270 per carriage.
- Air taxes, fuel surcharge, and any other charges / taxes relating to the airline ticket are included but subject to change and will be charged at the time of ticketing. Prices are subject to change, due to currency exchange rate fluctuations
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Austria Local Culture Christmas/New Year Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 09232
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "09232" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.