- Round-trip air travel to Salzburg (supplement may apply based on departure city)
- Air Taxes and fuel surcharge
- Arrival and departure transfers from Salzburg Airport
- 4 nights accommodation in a hotel of your choice (based on availability)
- Daily breakfast buffet
- "On the Traces of Mozart" sightseeing tour
- Celebrations at the "Silent Night - Holy Night" chapel
- Festive Christmas Eve dinner
- Christmas Concert at the Mozarteum
- Traditional Christmas dinner at a local restaurant
- "Winter Wonderland Excursion" with horse-drawn sleigh ride
- Mozart dinner concert
- 48-hour Salzburg card
- Taxes and service charges
- Comprehensive information kit.
- Services can be added or deleted to customize your Romantic Christmas in Salzburg
- Additional days and different dates available
- This program can also be combined with “New Year’s in Vienna”.
Day 1: Departure from the U.S. to Salzburg. Enjoy dinner and breakfast on board.
Day 2: Upon arrival in Salzburg, a transfer will take you to the centrally located hotel. In the afternoon enjoy the city tour "On the Traces of Mozart" which includes Mirabell Palace, Mozart's Birthplace, the Festival Halls, the Cathedral of Salzburg as well as Hellbrunn and Leopoldskron Palaces. The tour ends at Mozart's Residence. Dinner tonight is on your own. Optional: Possibility of attending a cultural performance.
Day 3: This morning is at leisure and you will have an opportunity to visit the Christkindlesmarket in front of the Cathedral as well as the one in front of Mirabell Gardens. At 3:00 p.m. you will be picked up from your hotel for the excursion to the "Silent Night - Holy Night" chapel in Oberndorf. (The hymn "Silent Night" was first performed here on Christmas Eve 1818). The tour takes you along the valley of the Salzach River to the foothills of the Alps. Natives of the village, dressed in authentic costumes, will treat you to Christmas carols. Tonight enjoy a festive Christmas Eve dinner.
Day 4: This day is at your leisure. You may opt to join another guided tour. At 5:00 pm, attend a Christmas concert at the Mozarteum. Following the concert, a Christmas dinner will be served in a local restaurant.
Day 5: At 8:30 a.m. you will be picked up for the excursion to Ramsau at the foot of the Dachstein, where you will enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride. The excursion lasts approximately 8 hours; meals not included. Travel along the Salzach River to Ramsau at the base of the massive alpine glacier of the Dachstein Mountains. In the village of Ramsau, there will be time for a stroll and lunch in one of the local inns after which sleighs will take you on a winter wonderland adventure.
The trail follows the hills, through the woods with a refreshment stop along the way and an opportunity to try some Austrian specialties. In the late afternoon, return to Salzburg. At 8:00 pm enjoy a Mozart dinner concert at the candlelit Baroque Hall of St. Peter's Abbey Restaurant. Glorious music performed by artists in period costumes, and a superb dinner inspired by 18th century recipes will certainly take you back to the age of Mozart.
Day 6: Following breakfast you will have a transfer to the airport for your flight back to the U.S. or you may choose to join our New Year’s in Vienna celebration.
- Air taxes, fuel surcharge, and other charges / taxes related to the airline ticket are included but are subject to change and will be charged at the time of ticketing. Prices are subject to change, due to currency exchange rate fluctuations
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Austria Local Culture Christmas/New Year Tours