Day 1: Bucharest/ Poiana Brasov/ Council Tower/ Brasov.
- Departure from Bucharest to Brasov through Sinaia
- Visits to Peles Castle and Sinaia Orthodox Monastery.
- Lunch at Sinaia
- Visit to Bran Medieval Castle
- Sightseeing old Brasov including Council Square, Council Tower, White Tower, Black Tower, Black Church, St Nicholas Church, First Romanian School in Transylvania
- Arrival and lodging at a 3 star hotel or pension at Poiana Brasov.
- Dinner with traditional Romanian food and folk show.
Day 2: Poiana Brasov/ Sibiu.
- Departure for Sighisoara
- Sightseeing medieval citadel Sighisoara including Clock Tower, Citadel Square, Dracula's Birthplace, Monastery Church, Church on the Hill, Venetian House, House with Antlers, Wooden Covered Stairway.
- Lunch at Vlad the Impaler's birthplace restaurant
- Departure for Alba Iulia. Sightseeing Alba Iulia including Baroque Citadel, Museum of Unification, Orthodox Cathedral, St. Michael's Roman-Catholic Cathedral, tomb of Hunyadi, Bishop's Palace, Princely Palace
- Departure for Sibiu. Arrival and lodging at a 3 star hotel
- Ride by carriage at Sighisoara.
Day 3: Sibiu/ Olanesti.
- Sightseeing historic centre of Sibiu including Baroque Brukenthal Palace and Museum (visit), Cross Chapel, Roman-Catholic Church, Council Tower, Old City Hall, St Mary's Evangelical Church, Orthodox Cathedral, Passage of Stairs, Lies' Bridge.
- Lunch. Pass through magnificent Olt River Gorges
- Visit Cozia Medieval Monastery
- Arrival and lodging at a 3 star hotel at Olanesti health resort
- Walking tour to miraculous mineral springs. Dinner.
Day 4: Olanesti/ Horezu/ Bucharest.
- Visit to Ceausescu's former residence at Olanesti
- Departure for Bucharest through Horezu and Curtea de Arges
- Visit Hurez Monastery and stop at workshop pottery.
- Arrival and lunch at Curtea de Arges
- Visit Curtea de Arges Monastery with Manole's well
- Return to Bucharest
- Hurez Monastery.
- Peles Castle (former royal residence), Sinaia
- Bran Castle (relating to Dracula's legend), Bran
- Saxon towns in Transylvania: Brasov, Sighisoara (belongs to UNESCO World Heritage) and Sibiu
- Ceausescu's former residence at Olanesti
- Medieval monasteries in Muntenia and Northern Oltenia (among which Hurez Monastery is a UNESCO World Heritage).
Note: Price is based for three nights lodging in twin-bed room, all meals, local transportation by mini-van, entrance fees, guide services.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Romania Local Culture Cultural Journey Walking Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend