Day 1: Bucharest.
- Arrival and transfer to at a 3-4 star hotel central Bucharest
- City tour including Revolution Square with Romanian Athenaeum, Fine Art Museum (former Royal Palace), Bucharest University Library and Kretulescu Church, ruins of the Old Princely Court and Church (stop), Manuc's Inn (visit).
- Lunch. Continue city tour with stops at Palace of Parliament (visit), Metropolitan Church (visit), Bucharest University, Romana Square, Victory Square, Herastrau Park, Arch of Triumph, Village Museum (visit), Free Press House
Day 2: Bucharest/ Brasov/ Sighisoara.
- Departure from Bucharest to Brasov through Sinaia
- Visits to Peles Castle and Sinaia Monastery
- Visit to Bran Medieval Castle.
- Arival and lunch in Brasov
- Sightseeing old Brasov including Council Square, Council Tower, Black Tower, White Tower, Black Church, Weavers’ Bastion, St Nicholas Church, First Romanian School in Transylvania
- Arrival, lodging and dinner at a 3 star hotel or pension in Sighisoara.
Day 3: Sighisoara/ Sibiu/ Bucharest.
- Sightseeing medieval Sighisoara including Citadel Square, Church on the Hill, Dracula’s Birthplace, Clock Tower, Wood Covered Stairway
- Visit Biertan Fortified Church
- Arrival and lunch at Sibiu. Sightseeing historic centre of Sibiu including Baroque Brukenthal Palace and Museum (visit), Council Tower, Evangelical Cathedral, Roman-Catholic Church, Orthodox Cathedral, Passage of Stairs, Lies' Bridge
- Pass through magnificent Olt River Gorges
- Visit Cozia Medieval Monastery
- Return to Bucharest and lodging at a 3-4 star hotel. Dinner
Day 4: Bucharest Departure.
- Breakfast. Transfer to the airport.
- Palace of Parliament in Bucharest (second largest building in the world after the Pentagon)
- Sinaia Orthodox Monastery
- Peles Castle (former royal residence), Sinaia
- Bran Medieval Castle (associated to Dracula's legend), Bran
- Black Church (largest Gothic Church in South-Eastern Europe), Brasov
- Medieval Sighisoara (belongs to UNESCO World Heritage)
- Biertan Fortified Church (belongs to UNESCO World Heritage)
- Brukenthal Museum (oldest museum in Romania), Sibiu
- Medieval Monastery of Cozia.
Price: 395 Euro/person (suppl. single 50 Euro/person) for local transportation by mini-van, driver and guide services, entrance fees, lodging in twin bed rooms in 3-4 star hotels, full board.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Romania Local Culture Cultural Journey Walking Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend