A comprehensive mountaineering course for learning the techniques needed to safely climb glaciated terrain. A must for all climbers wanting to climb the snow capped peaks of the Pacific Northwest, Mt. Mckinley, South America or the Himalayas. We take you from the beginning with a review and/or introduction to the basic tools of ice ax and crampon techniques to rope team travel, ice climbing, ice & snow anchors and crevasse rescue skills. You put your new skills to the test on a climb of Mt. Shasta via a glaciated Northside route. Taught on the Hotlum glacier of Mt. Shasta’s Northside.
- Instruction includes: basic to advanced crampon and ice axe skills, glacier team travel, individual and team self arrest, crevasse self-rescue, z and c pulley rescues systems, snow & ice anchors, glacial navigation, and ice climbing techniques. Culminating with an alpine style summit attempt via a glaciated Northside route.
- Departure City: Mt. Shasta, California
- Group Size: Limited to 8 clients
- Guide to Client Ratio: 1:4
- Experience Level: Anyone in good to excellent physical condition with a desire to reach the summit of Mt. Shasta via a challenging route. No snow or ice climbing experience needed, previous mountaineering experience helpful but not required. Hiking and or Backpacking experience required.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Professional instruction/ guide
- Meals (B, D)
- Ice axes
- Group climbing equipment
- Group camping equipment including tents and stoves
- Permit fees including Mt. Shasta summit fees.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Client Request Served: 230
M15970 co-owned Timothy Keating, CEO and one of the original co-founders of the company. Along with Dave Cressman, our 15 year Shasta operations manager, now COO of the corporation. Established in 1981, we are one of only 3 guide services to operate on Mt. Shasta and one of 8 guides’ services to offer in both winter...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend