This is a continuation of our Basic Alpine Mountaineering featuring a quick review of basic mountaineering techniques before moving on to advanced instruction on protection placement, route finding, alpine rock climbing, ice/snow climbing, crampon use, snow & ice hardware, and multi-pitch climbing. We will then attempt the North Peak Coliour which ascends alpine ice up to 65 degrees. For the person with previous climbing experience (rock or snow) or who has taken a Basic Mountaineering Course.
- Additional dates maybe available by arrangement with 3 or more
- Guide to client ratio: 1:2
- Experience level: intermediate to advanced previous basic mountaineering experience needed. Or our basic mountaineering course.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- This course consists of three consecutive day trips.
- Forest Service campgrounds are located only minutes away from our daily meeting locations.
- Camping equipment can be rented upon request.
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger