This is a continuation of our Basic Alpine Mountaineering featuring a quick review of basic mountaineering techniques before moving on to advanced instruction on protection placement, route finding, alpine rock climbing, ice/snow climbing, crampon use, snow & ice hardware, and multi-pitch climbing. We will then attempt the North Peak Coliour which ascends alpine ice up to 65 degrees. For the person with previous climbing experience (rock or snow) or who has taken a Basic Mountaineering Course.
- Additional dates maybe available by arrangement with 3 or more
- Guide to client ratio: 1:2
- Experience level: intermediate to advanced previous basic mountaineering experience needed. Or our basic mountaineering course.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- This course consists of three consecutive day trips.
- Forest Service campgrounds are located only minutes away from our daily meeting locations.
- Camping equipment can be rented upon request.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Client Request Served: 227
M15970 co-owned Timothy Keating, CEO and one of the original co-founders of the company. Along with Dave Cressman, our 10 year Shasta operations manager, now COO of the corporation. Established in 1981, we are one of only 3 guide services to operate on Mt. Shasta and one of 8 guides’ services to offer in both winter...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend