This is a continuation of our basic mountaineering course featuring a review of basic mountaineering techniques before moving on to advanced instruction on protection placement, route finding (using map, compass, altimeter, GPS), alpine rock climbing, ice/snow climbing, crampon use, snow and ice hardware, protection systems, and multi-pitch climbing. You will then test your skills on a 4th/5th class route on one/or two of the 14,000 ft. peaks of the Palisade group.
- Mt. Sill (14,153 ft.)
- North Palisade (14,242 ft.)
- Thunderbolt Peak(14,003 ft.)
- Polemonium Peak (14,080 ft.) or others depending on group skills.
- Dates: Contact for specific dates.
- Additional dates maybe available by arrangement with 2 or more
- Guide to client ratio: 1:2
- Experience level: intermediate to advanced previous basic mountaineering experience needed. Or our basic mountaineering camp.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger
Outdoor Skills School