This is a continuation of our basic mountaineering course featuring a review of basic mountaineering techniques before moving on to advanced instruction on protection placement, route finding (using map, compass, altimeter, GPS), alpine rock climbing, ice/snow climbing, crampon use, snow and ice hardware, protection systems, and multi-pitch climbing. You will then test your skills on a 4th/5th class route on one/or two of the 14,000 ft. peaks of the Palisade group.
- Mt. Sill (14,153 ft.)
- North Palisade (14,242 ft.)
- Thunderbolt Peak(14,003 ft.)
- Polemonium Peak (14,080 ft.) or others depending on group skills.
- Dates: Contact for specific dates.
- Additional dates maybe available by arrangement with 2 or more
- Guide to client ratio: 1:2
- Experience level: intermediate to advanced previous basic mountaineering experience needed. Or our basic mountaineering camp.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Client Request Served: 227
M15970 co-owned Timothy Keating, CEO and one of the original co-founders of the company. Along with Dave Cressman, our 10 year Shasta operations manager, now COO of the corporation. Established in 1981, we are one of only 3 guide services to operate on Mt. Shasta and one of 8 guides’ services to offer in both winter...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger
Outdoor Skills School
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend