Enjoy an unforgettable high altitude mountaineering course, Cordillera Blancas, Peru.This high altitude mountaineering course is designed to give you the skills to climb high altitude peaks and prepare you for climbing on technical terrain at these altitudes. We will be instructing and reviewing the following climbing techniques: glacier travel, ice/snow climbing techniques, crevasse rescue, multi-pitch climbing, snow climbing, short roping, ice/snow anchors, belay techniques, rappelling, glacier navigation, route finding, and decision making. Additional topics to be covered or experienced: proper acclimatization, pace, knowing when to turn back, weather considerations, alpine starts, mountain medicine, judgment, and hazard evaluation.
We will attempt 2-3 peaks between 18,000 ft. and 21,000 ft. in the Blancas depending on local conditions, group skill level, and as our time allows. Possible options to be attempted: Pisco (18,866 ft.), Huandoy Este (19,909 ft.), Chipicalqui (20,841 ft.). Other peaks and climbs may be substituted due to climbing conditions. While an excellent pre-course for the Huascaran Expedition (22,205 ft.) this is a great introduction to climbing in the Peruvian Andes with ascents of peaks over 18,000 ft., all the while learning advanced climbing techniques and how to be safe at high altitude. Expedition Option: The summit of Huascaran Sur (22,205 ft.) is the objective of this week-long expedition option. It is the highest peak in the Peruvian Andes.
- Pisco 18,866 ft., Huandoy Este 19,909 ft. with Huascaran 22,205 ft. expedition option
- Huascaran Sur (22,205 ft.) expedition
- Duration: 12 days plus one travel day
- We can accommodate non-climbing participants who have the desire to explore Peru, but do not have the desire to attempt the summits.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Ground support
- Ground transportation
- Hut fees
- Entrance fees
- Group climbing equipment
- Camping/base camp equipment
- All food while climbing or trekking
- Informational support and contact through our Mt. Shasta office, review of climbing techniques with our experienced guides.
- Minimum 3 climbers
- Cost add on: $975.00. (minimum 3 climbers)
- Price subject to change until booking due to international exchange rates.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Client Request Served: 227
M15970 co-owned Timothy Keating, CEO and one of the original co-founders of the company. Along with Dave Cressman, our 10 year Shasta operations manager, now COO of the corporation. Established in 1981, we are one of only 3 guide services to operate on Mt. Shasta and one of 8 guides’ services to offer in both winter...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend