Lee Vining Canyon, Eastern Sierra Nevada. Each winter the Ice near June Lake and "The Big Leak" in Lee Vining Canyon set up to form the best ice climbing in California. You will learn plenty about the technical world of ice climbing! For beginning to intermediate climbers with basic rock climbing and/or snow climbing skills. You will learn the full spectrum of ice techniques with instruction in: proper crampon technique, tool selection, ice protection placement, belays, stances, movement on ice, energy conservation and lots of ice climbing! Black Diamond Technical ice tools demos, crampons, harnesses, ice screws are provided along with all technical equipment.
Custom Trips Available.
- Custom course available for 3 or more
- Guide to client ratio: limited to 8 climbers with 2 instructors/guides
- Experience level: for beginning to intermediate climbers with basic rock climbing and/or snow climbing skill.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Professional instruction/guide(s)
- Group climbing equipment
- A selection of ice tools will be available for student use.
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger