- Start/finish: starts daily except Sundays and is circular from Streatley. By train, Streatley is one hour from London Paddington and by road it is just off the M4 west of Reading
- Bed and Breakfast: hand picked accommodation in a small and excellently appointed hotel overlooking near the Thames at Streatley on the Classic tour. Hand picked accommodation in a five star inn on the luxury version of this tour. Dinner is not included
- Cycling mileage: 14 to 30 miles (22-48 km) per day
- Skill level: novice
- Terrain: flat with one half mile climb into the Chilterns
- Traffic free: more then half, very low traffic on the rest.
Day 1: Goring to Wallingford and back, 14 miles (22 km). Make your way to Goring and settle into your village accommodation where your bicycle will be waiting for you. Relax in this lovely riverside setting where two villages straddle the Thames and its weir. There's a flat and gentle ride awaiting you along the river and through hamlets and villages to riverside Wallingford. Boasting a museum and open air swimming pool, there's plenty to discover in this attractive town. Retrace your route back to Goring where there's an interesting selection of eateries to tempt you.
Day 2: Goring/Henley and back, 30 miles (48 km). Today's ride explores the Thames and its immediate villages and towns via bridleways and quiet country lanes. Leave the dramatic setting of Goring along a short narrow and off road section of track with wonderful views and a flight of steps. Enjoy the weir at Whitchurch, the delights of medieval Mapledurham and its mill and the pretty villages of Sonning and Shiplake. Elegant Henley has lots to offer associated with its rowing fame and brewing history. Then hop on the late afternoon river boat for a trip part of the way back to Goring. For those wishing to cycle further, the return route from Henley is by bike through the Chiltern Hills.
Day 3: Through the Chiltern Hills/Goring, 21 miles (34 km). Enjoy a different but equally delightful scene today as you wind your way into the Chiltern Hills. We have chosen a kind climb with wonderful woodlands and quality pubs to reward you. The rest of your route is gentle or downhill through quiet villages and a rural scene that has changed remarkably little over the last few centuries. End the day by freewheeling down to the Thames and back to Goring.
Minimum cost is for Classic version. Maximum cost is for Luxury version.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe England Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend