After relaxing in Waipara it’s a moderately demanding ride to your mountainous farm stay at Waiau. From Waiau, it’s a steady descent to the Pacific coast and the pleasant seaside town of Kaikoura. In Kaikoura you have a chance to take in the dramatic scenery, whale and dolphin watching or any of the many activities on offer, before your afternoon train journey, which passes the seal colonies that dot this spectacular coastline, back to Christchurch.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then bike to Waipara. Includes: (D).
Day 2: Waipara to Waiau. Includes: (D).
Day 3: Waiau to Kaikoura.
Day 4: Kaikoura to Christchurch on the train.
- Equipment Included:
* Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres)
* Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit
* Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 3 nights accommodation in carefully selected luxury 5 star accommodation (Breakfast included each day and evening meals on days 1 and 2).
- Difficulty: Moderate difficulty route with an average 50 to 90kms per cycling day.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend