Then it’s on to the small country town of Culverden/Waiau, and a taste of country life at the first of our farm stays. The following day, it’s back on to quiet country roads and the dramatic backdrop of the inland Kaikoura Mountain range, as you head through to the splendid isolation of your farm stay at Mount Lyford. From Mount Lyford and your last day cycling, it’s a steady descent to the Pacific Coast and the pleasant seaside town of Kaikoura. In Kaikoura you have a chance to take in the dramatic scenery, whale-watching or any of the many activities on offer, before your afternoon train journey, which passes the seal colonies that dot this spectacular coastline, back to Christchurch.
Day 1: Christchurch to Waipara and sightseeing.
Day 2: Waipara to Culverden/ Waiau.
Day 3: Culverden/ Waiau to Mount Lyford.
Day 4: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura.
Day 5: Return to Christchurch by train.
- Equipment Included:
* Trek Mountain Bicycle for touring (with road tyres)
* Ortlieb Rear Pannier Bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit
* Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation - 4 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite [where available], in carefully selected B&B's and farm stays.
- Difficulty - relaxed paced route with an average 40 to 50kms per cycling day.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- $995 per person twin share
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) $250.
Notes: Daily luggage cartage is available, meaning that your gear can be waiting for you at the end of each day. This service costs an additional $350 per person (minimum of 2 people) although a discount is available for 3 or more people.
About This Supplier
||Location: New Zealand
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend