From Hanmer it’s the moderate hills and quiet country roads with the spectacular back drop of the inland Kaikoura mountain range of the Alpine Pacific Triangle. Then it’s a rest day or sightseeing in the seaside town of Kaikoura with the option of whale watching, swimming with the seals/dolphins or any of the many other activities on offer. From Kaikoura it’s a seaside cycle beside the beautiful Pacific Ocean, passing the seal colonies that dot this spectacular coastline, as you head back to Christchurch via the vineyards of Waipara and Amberley.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then bike to Waipara.
Day 2: Waipara to Hanmer.
Day 3: Rest day and sightseeing in Hanmer.
Day 4: Hanmer to Mount Lyford.
Day 5: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura.
Day 6: Sight seeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the whale and dolphin watching, swimming with the seals, or any of the many other attractions.
Day 7: Kaikoura to Cheviot.
Day 8: Cheviot to Waipara.
Day 9: Waipara to Christchurch.
- Equipment Included: Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres), Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit. Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation - 8 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite [where available], in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (Breakfast included).
- Difficulty - Moderate difficulty route with an average 50 to 90kms per cycling day.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season (September, October, November, March, April, May) NZ$1650 per person twin share
- High Season (December, January & February ) NZ$1700 per person twin share
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$395.
About This Supplier
||Location: New Zealand
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
Client Request Served: 43
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend