From Diamond Harbor it’s a moderate climb to stunning views of the southern aspect of Banks Peninsula and then a gentle cycle alongside Lakes Forsyth and Ellesmere and onto the small town of Little River with its quiet and relaxed pace. From Little River you return to Christchurch via a different route with the option of taking in lunch or wine tasting at the vineyards on the way back to Christchurch to complete our trip.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then cycle to Diamond Harbor.
Day 2: Diamond Harbor to Little River.
Day 3: Little River to Christchurch.
- Equipment Included:
* Trek Mountain Bike for cycling (with road tyres).
* Ortlieb Rear Pannier Bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit.
* Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 2 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom en suite, in carefully selected B&B's (Breakfast included).
- Difficulty: Moderate difficulty, but with a number of different route options you can make it more or less demanding. Distances of 40 to 60kms per day with several 200m [600feet] climbs, dependent on route choice.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend