From Little River you head over the steep 400m hill (transport option available) into Akaroa Harbor. With a number of route options, it’s either a gentle ride along the coast or a demanding climb around the crater rim to the quaint seaside township of Akaroa. From Akaroa you return to Christchurch via the bus or bike to complete your tour.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then cycle to Diamond Harbor.
Day 2: Diamond Harbour to Little River.
Day 3: Little River to Akaroa.
Day 4: Akaroa to Christchurch via bus/cycle (Bus fare included).
- Equipment Included:
* Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres).
* Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit.
* Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 3 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite, in carefully selected B&B's (Breakfast included).
- Difficulty: Moderate difficulty, but with a number of different route options you can make it more or less demanding. Distances of 30 to 60kms per day with several 200m [600feet] climbs, dependent on route choice.
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend