Day 1: Collect bicycle and equipment in Christchurch, Tranz Alpine train ride to Moana and then bike to Greymouth.
Day 2: Greymouth to Punakaiki.
Day 3: Punakaiki to Westport.
Day 4: Rest day and sight seeing in Westport.
Day 5: Westport to Reefton.
Day 6: Reefton to Maruia Springs.
Day 7: Mauria Springs to Hanmer.
Day 8: Rest day in Hanmer.
Day 9: Hanmer to Mount Lyford.
Day 10: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura.
Day 11: Rest day/sightseeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the whale and dolphin watching, swimming with the seals, or any of the many other attractions.
Day 12: Kaikoura to Cheviot.
Day 13: Cheviot to Waipara.
Day 14: Waipara to Christchurch (or extend your stay in Waipara to take in the fine Vineyards).
- Equipment Included:
* Trek touring bike (with road tires).
* Ortlieb Rear Pannier Bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit.
* Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 13 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite (where available), in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (Breakfast).
- Difficulty: Moderate difficulty route with an average 50 to 90kms per cycling day.
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend