- Vineyards and olive groves of Blenheim and Waipara
- Pacific coastline and marine life of Kaikoura including whale and dolphin watching
- Lush bush of the inland Buller, Marlborough and beautiful bays of the Marlborough Sounds
- Golden sands and breathtaking beaches of the Abel Tasman National Park.
- Equipment Included: Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres), Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit. Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 14 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite (where available), in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (breakfast included). 2 days fully guided sea kayaking in the Abel Tasman National Park (including all meals, entrance fees and tent/camping equipment) additional days walking/sea kayaking in the Abel Tasman National Park available on request.
- Difficulty: This is an intermediate level route with an average 50 to 80 km cycling per day and a number of moderate hill climbs along the route.
Day 1: Collect bicycle and equipment in Christchurch, and cycle to Waipara.
Day 2: Waipara to Mount Lyford.
Day 3: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura.
Day 4: Sightseeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the whale and dolphin watching, swimming with the seals, etc.
Day 5: Kaikoura to Kekerengu.
Day 6: Kekerengu to Blenheim.
Day 7: Rest Day in Blenheim/visit the Vineyards.
Day 8: Blenheim to Anakiwa in the Marlborough Sounds.
Day 9: Anakiwa to Pelorus Bridge.
Day 10: Pelorus Bridge to Nelson.
Day 11: Rest day and sightseeing in Nelson.
Day 12: Nelson to Motueka.
Day 13: Motueka to Marahau (Abel Tasman National Park).
Day 14: Guided Sea Kayaking in the Abel Tasman (staying in the National Park).
Day 15: Guided Sea Kayaking in the Abel Tasman National Park and return to Marahau.
Day 16: End of tour or continue on our 19 or 28 day top of the south tour to Christchurch/Queenstown.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend