- Vineyards and Olive groves of Blenheim and Waipara
- Pacific Coastline and marine life of Kaikoura
- Lush bush of the inland Buller, Marlborough and beautiful bays of the Sounds or the (West Coast)
- Spectacular scenery of the Southern Lakes and Queenstown.
- Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres),
- Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit.
- Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
Accommodation: 28 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite (where available), in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (Breakfast included). Difficulty: This is a longer route and can be a demanding route with an average 50 to 90 km per cycling day.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then cycle to Waipara.
Day 2: Waipara to Hanmer.
Day 3: Rest day in Hanmer.
Day 4: Hanmer to Mount Lyford.
Day 5: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura.
Day 6: Sight seeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the Whale Watching, swimming with the seals, or any of the many other attractions.
Day 7: Kaikoura to Kekerengu.
Day 8: Kekerengu to Blenheim.
Day 9: Rest Day in Blenheim/ Visit the Vineyards.
Day 10: Blenheim to Anakiwa.
Day 11: Anakiwa to Pelorus Bridge.
Day 12: Pelorus Bridge to Nelson.
Day 13: Rest Day and sight seeing in Nelson.
Day 14: Nelson to St Arnaud.
Day 15: St Arnaud to Murchison.
Day 16: Murchison to Westport.
Day 17: Rest Day Westport.
Day 18: Westport to Punakaiki.
Day 19: Punakaiki South to Greymouth and Tranz Alpine train to Christchurch.
Day 20: Rest day in Christchurch.
Day 21: Cycle to Methven.
Day 22: Methven to Geraldine.
Day 23: Geraldine to Lake Tekapo.
Day 24: Rest Day at Lake Tekapo.
Day 25: Lake Tekapo to Omarama.
Day 26: Omarama to Wanaka.
Day 27: Wanaka to Cromwell.
Day 28: Cromwell to Queenstown.
Day 29: Rest day in Queenstown to take in the sights or to Christchurch via bus, or complete the tour through the Central Otago Goldfields.
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend