Throughout the tour you have the backup of our guides and their extensive local knowledge to assist in bicycle support and route information. In addition there is the backup of a Support Vehicle to lighten the load or if you need a rest.
- Isolated farmland and rugged countryside of North Canterbury and Inland Kaikoura Mountains
- Rugged mountains of the inland Kaikoura mountain ranges
- Pacific Coastline and marine life of Kaikoura Region [option of Whale watching, swimming with Dolphins/ Seals]
- Coastal beauty of the Abel Tasman National Park and the lush forest of the Nelson Lake National Park
- Lush bush and beautiful bays of the Marlborough Sounds
- Vineyards and Olive groves of Blenheim.
Difficulty: This is an intermediate level route with an average 40 to 118 km (25 to 71 miles) cycling per day on sealed and unsealed roads, with a number of moderate to steep hill climbs along the route.
Day 1: Christchurch to Mt Lyford (Van Transport - 40 km/25 mile cycle).
Day 2: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura (70km/ 43 miles).
Day 3: Sight seeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the Whale Watching, swimming with the seals, etc. before an afternoon ride along the spectacular Pacific coastline (65km/ 45 miles).
Day 4: Kekerengu to Blenheim morning cycle North to Blenheim.
Day 5: Day spent in Blenheim, New Zealand wine capital, with the option of a cycle around the vineyards.
Day 6: Blenheim to Anakiwa (50km/31 miles).
Day 7: Anakiwa to Nelson (75km/46 miles).
Day 8: Nelson to Marahau (75km/46 miles).
Day 9: Sea Kayaking Abel Tasman National Park (Guided and fully catered).
Day 10: Sea Kayaking Abel Tasman National Park and return to Marahau.
Day 11: Marahau to St Arnaud (118km/71 miles).
Day 12: St Arnaud to Blenheim (95kms/58 miles).
Day 13: Complete Tour.
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend