The route takes you from Christchurch and around the volcano crater rim to Akaroa using a selection of off-road tracks and back roads. Throughout the tour you have the backup of our guides and their extensive local knowledge to assist in bicycle support and route information. There is also additional backup of a support vehicle to lighten the load or if you need a rest.
Day 1: Christchurch to Diamond Harbour via a selection of single track, farm tracks and sealed back roads.
Day 2: Diamond Harbour-Cooptown via a selection of single track, farm tracks and sealed back roads.
Day 3: Cooptown to Akaroa via sealed and unsealed back roads before heading back to Christchurch to complete the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Single Supplement: NZ$200 (on request basis only).
- Support vehicle and local driver
- Experienced local guide
- Breakfast and lunch each night each day (excluding breakfast on day 1)
- Two night’s accommodation in quality accommodation (based on twin /queen share rooms with bathroom ensuite)
- Daily tour itinerary and maps
- Cell phone for emergency use.
- Bicycle Hire ($100 per person for 27 Speed Deore Trek spec. bicycle)
- Evening meals
- Drinks (apart from water)
- Accommodation prior to tour commencement or after tour completion
About This Supplier
||Location: New Zealand
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
Client Request Served: 42
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend