The Lodge’s executive chef plans all your meals during your stay. Typically breakfast and dinner are served at the Lodge, and lunch is served during the activity for the day. Your daily itinerary is customized so that each day you can enjoy activities that interest you.
List of Activities:
- Whitewater Rafting. Rafting on the Salmon River is one of the principle reasons people visit Idaho. Up to three days of rafting different sections of the Salmon are available, including the possibility of an overnight trip with one night of camping on a beautiful white-sand beach. The rapids are Class III and are appropriate for children ages 7 and up, and for both beginners and experienced rafters.
- Horseback Riding. Our one-day horseback ride is on top of the Salmon River canyon, with spectacular views of the Seven Devils Wilderness Area, Gospel Hump Wilderness Area and the Salmon River canyon. The trail ride on experienced dude stock is fun and challenging, but is still appropriate for beginners and children.
- Hiking. Hiking trips of various lengths and difficulty are available in the Seven Devils Wilderness Area and along Rapid River in the Nez Perce National Forest. You can enjoy short hikes to scenic overlooks, or a challenging all-day hike along steep terrain to stunning Sheep Lake below She Devil Mountain.
- Kayaking. If you have an adventurous spirit, you can spend the day on the Salmon River in your own boat. Our inflatable kayaks do not require any experience, and you will follow a guide through each rapid. A safety raft travels with the group in case kayakers get tired or need to be rescued after a swim. Many people have paddled our kayaks and some have made it down the Salmon River without swimming. The rest have had great stories to tell about their induction into the Salmon River Swim Team Hall of Fame!
- Mountain Biking. Mountain bike rides of varying lengths and difficulty are available to accommodate children, beginners and advanced bikers. Inexperienced riders can ride rolling Forest Service roads and enjoy beautiful scenery and a relaxing ride. More aggressive bikers can ride some of our single-track trails or embark on a 5,000-ft. descent down “Cannonball Run” from the top of the Salmon River canyon to the rim.
- Fishing. The fishing in Idaho is excellent. You can fish with light tackle for smallmouth bass and trout. Or you can fish for Idaho’s sturgeon, huge prehistoric fish measuring from 4 feet to over 10 feet long! A variety of fishing experiences are available, and some require a small surcharge, depending on the number of participants and the method of fishing.
- Golf. Enjoy some of the most spectacular mountain scenery you have ever seen from the putting surface. Golfing in Idaho offers a challenging golf experience that rewards accuracy and a good short game. Avid golfers may play as many rounds as they like. Golf is also available at the McCall golf course, featuring 27 holes of tree-lined fairways and beautiful mountain views.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
USA Idaho Outdoor: Land Rambler Multi-activity
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend