Day 1: Beijing (Meals: -/L/-). Summer Palace. Arrive at Beijing, the capital of China. To be met at the airport and then visit the Summer Palace. Built in 1888, it was once a summer retreat and thrre imperial for emperors. Have a lakeside cruise on the lovely Kunming Lake, enjoy the magical views of the hills, bridges and pagodas that grace the Palace grounds. Free at leisure in the evening.
Day 2: Beijing (Meals: -/L/-). Badaling Great Wall / Ming Tombs / Spirit Way. Depart from your hotel after breakfast. Spending about 1.5 hours to be transferred outside city to the surrounding countryside to visit the Badaling Great Wall, one of the most remarkable feats of mankind, built over 2,000 years ago. You will be able to climb and walk one of the best preserved section of the ancient wall, admiring the splendid mountains scenery. After lunch at local restaurant, visit the fabled Ming Tombs, the resting places of thirteen emperors and their splendid treasures, passing down the Spirit Way, a road lined with statues of dignitaries, as well as huge elephants, lions, camels and horses, you will encounter the marble tombs of the Ming Dynasty emperors. Visit one of the spectacular tombs- Dingling featuring an underground palace.
Day 3: Beijing - Next City (Meals: -/L/-). TianAnMen Square / Forbidden City. Check out and depart from your hotel in the morning to have city tours to visit the Tian An Men Square, the symbolical heart of China and gathering place for the masses. It is the biggest public square in the world, which can hold one million people. Having a free walk there, imagining the great historic events of the 20th century took place there. You will also see legendary landmarks including the Great Hall of the People and the towering 125 foot granite obelisk, Monument to the Peoples Heroes, honoring those who died in revolution. Walking across the Golden River Bridge, enter the Forbidden City, the inner sanctum and palace where for centuries Chinese emperors ruled their world. It has 9000-room maze of courtyards, places, and ceremonial halls, where 24 emperors used to live. Forbidden City was indeed a forbidden place, where commoners were kept out for nearly 500 years in the past. Tour the palace and imagine the mystery, intrigue and incredible power that reigned here.
Take afternoon flight to next city.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Transfers among sightseeing scenic spots & hotels as specified in the itinerary by private car or coach with driver & English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with English speaking guide
- Arrangements for the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Hotels accommodations and breakfast. Any meals which are not included in the " The trip price includes".
- Domestic flights, trains or buses, international air and train tickets for coming & leaving mainland China.
- Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal expenses: The items of a purely personal nature such as drinks, laundry, tips to guides or drivers, FAX, telephone, excess baggage charges, or sightseeing or meals which are not included in the day to day itinerary.
- Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
- Visa fees.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia China Local Culture Cultural Journey