Tian An Men Square / Forbidden City.
Depart from your hotel to visit the Tiananmen Square, the symbolical heart of China and gathering place for the masses. It is the largest public square in the world, which can hold one million people. Having a free walk there, imagining the great historic events of the 20th century took place there. You will also see legendary landmarks including Forbidden Cityof the People and the towering 125 foot granite obelisk, Monument to the Peoples Heroes, honoring those who died in revolution.
Walking across the Golden River Bridge, enter the Forbidden City, the inner sanctum and palace where for centuries Chinese emperors ruled their world. It has 9000-room maze of courtyards, places, and ceremonial halls, where 24 emperors used to live. Forbidden City was indeed a forbidden place, where commoners were kept out for nearly 500 years in the past. Tour the palace and imagine the mystery, intrigue and incredible power that reigned here.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Transfers among sightseeing scenic spots & hotels as specified in the itinerary by private car or coach with driver & English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with English speaking guide
- Arrangements for the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Hotels accommodations and breakfast.
- Any meals which are not included in the "Price Includes".
- Domestic flights, trains or buses, international air and train tickets for coming & leaving mainland China.
- Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal expenses: The items of a purely personal nature such as drinks, laundry, tips to guides or drivers, FAX, telephone, excess baggage charges, or sightseeing or meals which are not included in the day to day itinerary.
- Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
- Visa fees.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia China Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History