Chongqing ( Meals: -/L/- )
Erling Park / Chongqing Zoo / Chongqing Great Hall of People / Ciqikou Ancient Town
Depart from your hotel to visit the Eling Park. Located on the Eling(Goose Hill), the park used to be an ancient private garden named “Li Garden” made by Mr. Li Yaoting from 1909-1911 A.D. With its good location and beautiful natural scenery, it is one of the best places to have a birds-eye-view of the whole city.
Follow with a visit to the Chongqing Great Hall of People. Built in 1951 and finished in 1954, the Chongqing Great Hall of People is the architectural symbol of Chongqing city. It is designed in the traditional symmetrical style, covering an area of 66 thousands square meters with a 4000-seat auditorium.
Then visit the Chongqing Zoo. The zoo is located at the western suburb of the main urban area. It occupies more than 60 hectares of land and there are 230 kinds of more than 4500 rare and precious wild animals be shown in this zoo throughout the year, among them 80 percent of the animals belong to world rare species and national protecting important animals. Pandas are most popular among of that. In the Panda Ground at the foot of a hill and by a little stream, visitors can see charmingly native giant and lesser pandas and their offspring. Visitors can actually play with them and take pictures with them.
After having lunch at a nice local restaurant, visit the Ciqikou Ancient Town (old name Longyin Town), located 14 KM to the west of Chongqing city. It used to be a very important water and land communication hub in the Ming and Qing Dynasties (1368-1911 A.D). Its history can be traced back for more than 1700 years. There are 14 ancient stone slab streets flanked with houses, shops in traditional styles. Tea bars, the local artists studios and the Shu Embroidery workshops are three notable attractions. There are more than a hundred tea bars with their own particular characteristics in such a small town. Here friends enjoy a chat or meet to discuss business. you will have opportunity to meet the locals and enjoy the unique folk opera in the tea bars.
Be transferred to your hotel.
This trip price includes:
• All meals as specified in the itinerary.
• Transfers among sightseeing scenic spots & hotels as specified in the itinerary by private car or coach with driver & English speaking guide.
• Entrance fees for sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with English speaking guide
• Arrangements for the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
The trip price does not includes:
• Hotels accommodations and breakfast.
• Any meals which are not included in the " The trip price includes".
• Domestic flights, trains or buses, international air and train tickets for coming & leaving mainland China.
• Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
• Excess Baggage Charges.
• Personal expenses: The items of a purely personal nature such as drinks, laundry, tips to guides or drivers, FAX, telephone, excess baggage charges, or sightseeing or meals which are not included in the day to day itinerary.
• Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
• Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
• Visa fees.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia China Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History