Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall / The Memorial Hall of the Chen Family / Temple of Six Banyan Trees
Depart from your hotel to visit the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, which is the most symbolized building of Guangzhou, and a key venue for the large-scale meetings and performances as well. It was built in 1931 in memory of Sun Yat-sen, the pioneer of China's bourgeois democratic revolution. The memorial hall, occupying an area of 12,000 square meters with a height of 46 meters, has magnificent exterior and elegant interior decorations. The whole building, in octagonal shape, is designed with typical Chinese architecture style.
Then visit the Memorial Hall of the Chen Family, also known as Guangdong Folk Art Museum, was built in the 1890s. It is now the largest and best preserved and decorated ancient architecture existing in Guangdong province. The decoration combines wood carving, brick carving, stone carving, clay sculpture, ash sculpture, brass and iron foundry, grotto, etc. The special historical, artistic, and scientific aspects of the temple have made it an important attraction in Guangzhou.
Finally visit Temple of Six Banyan Trees. As one of t he famous ancient Buddhist temple in China, the Temple of Six Banyan Trees was built in 537 during the Southern dynasties (386-581 A.D). The major structure in the temple is an octagonal pagoda named Flower Pagoda, which is 57.6 meters high, the highest old architecture in the city. The temple originally had a different name but was renamed the "Banyan tree" temple by the dissident poet Su Dongpo who visited the site in 1100. The temple houses 3 huge bronze Buddhist statues made in 1663, each of which is 6 meters high and weighs 10 tons. They are the largest old bronze statues in Guangdong. Then be transferred to the train station for next city.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Transfers among sightseeing scenic spots & hotels as specified in the itinerary by private car or coach with driver & English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with English speaking guide
- Arrangements for the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Hotels accommodations and breakfast.
- Any meals which are not included in the "Price Includes".
- Domestic flights, trains or buses, international air and train tickets for coming & leaving mainland China.
- Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal expenses: The items of a purely personal nature such as drinks, laundry, tips to guides or drivers, FAX, telephone, excess baggage charges, or sightseeing or meals which are not included in the day to day itinerary.
- Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
- Visa fees.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia China Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History