Hangzhou (Meals: -/L/-)
Depart from your hotel to have a boat cruise on the beautiful West Lake. The lake is one of the most famous tourist attractions in China. For centuries, the West Lake has been well known both for its picturesque landscape and for cultural heritage surviving yet illustrating the past dynasties. The landscape area of the West Lake includes the surrounding hills and nearby historical sites as well as the lake itself.
Then visit the Lingyin Temple including the Peak Flying from Afar. Aside from the West Lake, Lingyin Temple (Temple of Inspired Seclusion) is one of the biggest and most famous ancient Buddhist temples in China. It was first built by an Indian monk named Huili in 326A.D. The temple was named Lingyin Temple (Temple of Inspired Seclusion) for its environment is very beautiful and serene and suitable for "gods rest in seclusion".
After having lunch at local restaurant, visit the Pagoda of Six Harmonies. Located on the northern bank of the Qiantang River, south of Hangzhou city, the Pagoda of Six Harmonies first built in 970 A.D but destroyed in war. What we see today is a brick and wooden structure rebuilt in 1153 A.D. With 59.89 meters high, the pagoda is the best place to have a bird-eyes-view of the scenery around Qiantang River.
Finally visit the Dragon Well Tea Plantation. Dragon Well Tea is well known worldwide, the water of dragon well is sweet and nice. The green tea here enjoys very high reputation since Ming Dynasty (1368-1644 A.D) for its four special features: green color, fragrant aroma, sweet taste and smooth even appearance. Then be transferred back to your hotel.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Transfers among sightseeing scenic spots & hotels as specified in the itinerary by private car or coach with driver & English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with English speaking guide
- Arrangements for the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Hotels accommodations and breakfast.
- Any meals which are not included in the "Price Includes".
- Domestic flights, trains or buses, international air and train tickets for coming & leaving mainland China.
- Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal expenses: The items of a purely personal nature such as drinks, laundry, tips to guides or drivers, FAX, telephone, excess baggage charges, or sightseeing or meals which are not included in the day to day itinerary.
- Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
- Visa fees.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia China Local Culture Cultural Journey