Duration: Half-day. Morning or Afternoon visit:
- National Museum that exhibits numerous antiquates, historical relics, archaeological and pale-ontological objects including the 3.5 million year old skeleton of Lucy
- St. George Cathedral that contains several interesting modern paintings, mosaics and collection of ecclesiastical paraphernalia
- Mercato open market that presents a fascinating medley of people and culture.
Duration: Full-day. In addition to the above sights you'll visit:
- Trinity Cathedral - the biggest Orthodox church in the country decorated by modern and medieval Ethiopian style ecclesiastical paintings and episodes of Ethiopia’s history
- Ethnological Museum housed on the former palace of Haile Selassie offers an overview of Ethiopian crafts, culture and art
- And the day tour ends with the visit of the commanding view point Mount Entoto which offers the stupendous view of the city.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Ethiopia Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend