Duration: Half-day. Morning or Afternoon visit:
- National Museum that exhibits numerous antiquates, historical relics, archaeological and pale-ontological objects including the 3.5 million year old skeleton of Lucy
- St. George Cathedral that contains several interesting modern paintings, mosaics and collection of ecclesiastical paraphernalia
- Mercato open market that presents a fascinating medley of people and culture.
Duration: Full-day. In addition to the above sights you'll visit:
- Trinity Cathedral - the biggest Orthodox church in the country decorated by modern and medieval Ethiopian style ecclesiastical paintings and episodes of Ethiopia’s history
- Ethnological Museum housed on the former palace of Haile Selassie offers an overview of Ethiopian crafts, culture and art
- And the day tour ends with the visit of the commanding view point Mount Entoto which offers the stupendous view of the city.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Ethiopia Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend