South Omo is unique in that besides the home of the richest national parks of the country it's a living museum whose inhabitants seem intent on outdoing each other when it comes to outwardly bizarre rituals and decorations. Body scarring, lip plates, bull-jumping, stick fighting - in different parts of South Omo these are all part of the way of life.
Day 1: Addis Ababa – Arbaminch flight. On arrival boat cruise over Lake Chamo to enjoy viewing crocodiles & hippos. Overnight Arbaminch Swayne’s Hotel
Day 2: AM depart for Jinka (256km). En-route you’ll visit Tsemai tribe’s village around Weito River as well the weekly market of Ari & Benna tribes in Key Afer village. Overnight Jinka Eyob Pension
Day 3: AM excursion (140km) to visit Mursi tribe. Around noon time drive via Dimeka to Turmi (115km) and on arrival visit the villages of Hammer people. Overnight Turmi Buska Lodge
Day 4: Early AM excursion to Murulle (150km) to visit Karo villages. PM drive to Konso (195km) visiting en-route Arbore tribe’s village. Overnight Konso Kanta Lodge
Day 5: AM visit the Konso people’s village and then transfer to Arbaminch Airport (85km) for flight back to Addis Ababa and end of service
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Accommodation in twin room sharing basis (Subject to confirmation of the hotels specified in the itinerary, or similar)
- All the 3 meals of the day with mineral water
- Tourist standard 4x4 vehicle with English speaking driver guide
- Entry, village, scout and road fees
- Boat ride over Lake Chamo
- All taxes
- Any payable drinks / beverages
- Domestic airfare
- Payment or offerings for photographing and video shootings
- All items not shown as included
Prices are matter to change!
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in: