South Omo is unique in that besides the home of the richest national parks of the country it's a living museum whose inhabitants seem intent on outdoing each other when it comes to outwardly bizarre rituals and decorations. Body scarring, lip plates, bull-jumping, stick fighting - in different parts of South Omo these are all part of the way of life.
Day 1: Depart by 4x4 vehicle for Jimma en-route visit Wonchi Crater Lake and Guder Falls. Overnight Jimma hotel.
Day 2: Drive to Mizan Teferi en-route visit the Keffecho tribe at Bonga. Overnight Mizan Teferi hotel.
Day 3: Leave for Tum and visit Diz tribe at Maji. Overnight Tum camping.
Day 4: Drive to Kibish – the very heart of Surma tribe who are the highlight of this trip. Overnight Kibish camping.
Day 5: Full day visit of the Surma villages. Overnight Kibish camping.
Day 6: Drive back to Mizan Teferi and overnight hotel.
Day 7: Depart for Jimma and overnight hotel.
Day 8: Drive back to Addis Ababa.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Accommodation in twin room sharing basis
- All the 3 meals of the day with mineral water
- Latest model 4x4 vehicle
- Entry fees to sights of interest as per itinerary
- Camping gears: sleeping, dinning, cooking and shower tents, mattresses, pillows and sleeping bags; dinning chairs and tables, cooking utensils and others
- Scouts in the national parks
- Professional guide all through
- All taxes.
- Any payable beverages/drinks
- Payment or offerings for photographing and video shootings
- All personal expenses.
Prices are matter to change!
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in: