- Route: Gare du Nord > Cours-les-Barres > Aprémont > Ménétréol > Beaulieu > Briare > Rogny-les-Sept-Écluses > Rogny > Paris.
- Dates: April 28, May 5, 12,19, 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, August 4, 11, 18, 25, and September 1, 8, 15, 22.
- This tour books very quickly - plan as far ahead as possible.
- Standard tour price $1,334.00 per person/double occupancy cabin.
Ask about discount for full payment at time of booking; dependent upon current exchange rates.
Day 1, Saturday: Halfway the afternoon you leave from Gare du Nord by coach to Cours-les-Barres. You arrive in the beginning of the evening at the ship where you meet your tour leader and the crew and settle in. Subsequently dinner will be served aboard.
Day 2, Sunday: Cycle trip: ± 50 km. From Cours-les-Barres you cycle to the town of Aprémont. You may visit the 12th century castle and its fabulous gardens. After that we cycle on to the beautiful town of Nevers. The trip ends again in Cours-les-Barres.
Day 3, Monday: Cycle trip: ± 55 km. First we sail in the morning to the village of Beffes. The cycle trip takes you to La Charité-sur-Loire, an ancient Roman town. Crossing the 16th century stone bridge to the centre, you have a splendid view over the town and its Notre Dame church. Then you enter the region of the Pouilly Fumé wines. In Ménétréol, situated under the Sancerre vineyards, you will be given the opportunity to try some wine.
Day 4, Tuesday: Cycle trip: ± 50 km. For a start you visit Sancerre and then take a picturesque route right across the Sancerre vineyards. Your cycle ride continues and passes several wine villages that are situated in an impressive and attractive scenery. The trip ends in Beaulieu, the stop for the night.
Day 5, Wednesday: Cycle trip: ± 40 km. By bicycle you pass the historic locks of Châtillon-sur-Loire and the aquaduct that will take you over the river Loire later on. After St. Brisson, where you pass a nice castle, you start your way back to the barge, while enjoying the fresh forest air in the Fôret de St. Brisson. In the evening you cross the river Loire through the magnificent aquaduct and stop for the night in Briare.
Day 6, Thursday: Cycle trip: ± 45 km. First you have some time to explore Briare. The cycle trip leads to the castle Pont Chevron which is picturesquely situated at a small lake. Via Ouzouer-sur-Trézée you go right across an area with some lakes to the 16th century castle near Bléneau. Your trip ends in the village Rogny-les-Sept-Écluses, known for its seven historical locks.
Day 7, Friday: Cycle trip: ± 50 km. The barge will stay in Rogny. Today you will cycle to the market in Châtillon-Coligny, from where the trip continues to the castle in La Bussière. Via Escrignelles the tour ends back in Rogny.
Day 8, Saturday: In the morning you may wish to go for a stroll. At approximately 11:30 hrs. your guide and crew will say good-bye and you travel by coach back to Paris.
Note: Tour itinerary subject to changes).
- Stay aboard in double cabin (8 days/7 nights)
- Full board (breakfast+packed lunch + 3-courses dinner)
- Tour leader
- Visit to castle
- Visit winery
- Information booklet
- Bicycle with 21 gears and cycle bag
- Transfer Paris/Gare du Nord-Barge v.v.
- Journey to and from Paris Gare du Nord
- Bicycle insurance of 17,50 Euro paid on board
- Excursions not in program
- Drinks on board (other than water, milk, juices, tea, coffee)
- Gratuities for crew at your own discretion.
Most tours qualify for a per person discount (based on current exchange rate) when you book and pay in full at time of booking.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe France Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Barging