Day 1: Cycle trip ± 10 km. After the embarkation in Amsterdam, you'll be sailing to Spaarndam, the picturesque village of Hans Brinker. From here there is a short cycling trip to Haarlem. In the evening you your tour leader takes for a nice city walk through the old centre.
Day 2: Cycle trip ± 15 km. Today you sail to Lisse here you disemabark and cycle to the famous flower garden "Keukenhof" for a visit. Here you see about 6 million tulips, hyacinths, daffodils and other flowers. After your visit, the cycle tour crosses the blossoming bulb fields and ends in Leiden.
Day 3: Cycle trip ± 30 km. In the morning you will make a walkingtour through Leiden, the birthplace of Rembrandt. Later you will cycle through the fine Dutch landscapes in the so-called Green Heart of Holland to Kudelstaart. During this cycle trip you will visit a traditional cheese farm and a miller will tell you about the history and working of his windmill.
Day 4: Cycle trip ± 15 km. You rise early, because you visit the world's biggest flower auction in Aalsmeer. Before leaving the barge you have to clear your cabin. After the visit you get back on board and sail back to Amsterdam.
Note: Tour itinerary is subject to changes.
- Stay aboard (4 days/3 nights)
- Full board (breakfast + packed lunch + 3-courses dinner)
- Bicycle with gears and pannier
- Information package
- Tour leader
- Visit Flowerpark Keukenhof
- Visit cheesefarm
- Visit windmill
- Visit Flowerauction Aalsmeer
- Several citywalks
- Compensation bicycle damage.
- Transfers between airport and barge
- Drinks aboard
- Excursions out of program.
2012 Tour Dates for both standard barge and comfort barge:
- Dates: April 3,7,10,14, 17,21,24,28 May 1,2012 on standard barge (two beds bunked or racked in each cabin-bathroom facilities in each cabin).
- Dates: April 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 246,28 and May 1, 5, 8,12 and 15 on comfort barge available (two twin beds in each cabin-bathroom facilities in each cabin).
- Discount on all 4-day Tulip tours booked and PAID IN FULL at time of booking $50 discount per person on Standard barge also $50 discount on Comfort barge - subject to change.
- Tour Price: $619 p.p. in double on standard barge with two bunked/racked beds;
- $709 p.p. in double on comfort class barges with two lower beds.
- One single use cabin allowed on each standard barge tour. Single use add $250 to full tour price or single may share with another same sex passenger.
- No single use cabins available on comfort barge tours. Singles will share if another same sex passenger available.
- Travel Insurance not included but highly recommended.
Discount on Tulip Tours booked and paid in full at time of booking - available, subject to change.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Netherlands Local Culture Barging Bicycle Touring