Our 10-day Antarctica Classic expedition focuses on the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula, home to some of the planet’s most impressive wildlife and dramatic landscapes. Experience a voyage of a lifetime to a land where penguins rub shoulders with seals and Orcas and whales are often seen plying the icy waters.
- 9 nights on board ‘Andrea’
- All meals included on board the ship
- 8 expedition staff and naturalists
- Scheduled visits to modern scientific research station
- All shore excursions and Zodiac cruises in Antarctica
Day 1: Arrive Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. Arrive in Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world. Embarkation on ‘Andrea’ begins in the afternoon at the port in Ushuaia.
Days 2-3: Drake Passage. Our adventure begins with a 400-mile crossing of the passage that bears the name of the 16th-century English explorer Sir Francis Drake. The M/S Andrea is at home in this part of the Southern Ocean.
Days 4-7: Antarctic Peninsula & South Shetland Islands. Experience some of the best wildlife viewing and scenery in the world as you set foot on the Antarctic continent. Take two excursions per day (conditions permitting), and encounter Gentoo, Chinstrap and Adélie penguin rookeries, Weddell, Crabeater and Leopard seals, and Orca, Humpback and Minke whales in the cold Antarctic waters.
Days 8-9: Drake Passage. Today we begin our journey north to our home port of Ushuaia. Review the highlights of our Antarctic experience with our lecturers and staff, and keep your eyes open on the observation deck for some final whale sightings.
Day 10: Depart Ushuaia. Our adventure comes to a close, as we say our goodbyes as we disembark in Ushuaia.
- Group Size: Max 100
- Group Leader: 8 Expedition staff/naturalists.
- Accommodation: Onboard M/S Andrea in triple, twin-share cabins, superior cabins or suites, (all with ensuite bathrooms and port holes) (9 nts). Please note that all cabins consist of two twin beds. Inside cabins are twin-share without portholes. Double beds are available in suites, subject to availability.
- Transport: M/S Andrea, zodiac.
- Meals Included: All meals included while on board the ship, drinks extra.
- Budget: Drinks and tips while on the Andrea are extra.
- Shared triple cabins are same sex cabins only. Males and females cannot stay in triple cabins together unless their travelling party has booked all berths in the cabin.
- Read this itinerary as a guide only; our exact route and program varies according to ice and weather conditions - and the wildlife we encounter. Flexibility is the key to the success of this expedition. Visits to research stations depend on final permission.
Local Payment of US$300 (payable in cash on Day 1 of tour) is not included in the tour cost quoted above.
Also see tour packages in:
Antarctica Antarctica Outdoor: Water Drifter Boating and Sailing Wildlife Viewing