Day 1: Cape Town. Cape Town International Airport and meet your transfer to Cape Grace Hotel on V and A Waterfront. Welcome dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 2: Cape Town. Depart for Groot Constantia for wine tasting and a visit to Table Mountain (weather permitting). Enjoy lunch en route. Dinner at your own leisure and overnight at Cape Grace Hotel.
Day 3: Cape Peninsula. Depart for full day tour of Cape Peninsula (including Fish Hoek, Simonstown, Cape Point, Chapman’s Peak Drive, Hout Bay and Kirstenbosch). Light lunch en route. Dinner at your own leisure and overnight at hotel.
Day 4: Pride of Africa. Transfer to Rovos Rail’s private lounge at Cape Town station. Depart Cape Town Station on Rovos Rail’s journey to Pretoria (Deluxe Suite accommodation; upgrade available). Arrive Matjiesfontein in time to explore this Victorian village before dinner and overnight on the train.
Day 5: Kimberley - Pride of Africa. Arrive Kimberley. Visit to the Big Hole and Diamond Museum with historic tram ride. Depart Kimberley. Dinner and overnight on the train.
Day 6: Pretoria. Train arrives at Rovos Rail’s private station in Capital Park, Pretoria. Tour of Rovos Rail depot followed by lunch. Afternoon Pretoria city tour. Dinner and overnight Sheraton Hotel in Pretoria.
Day 7: Pride of Africa. Transfer to Rovos Rail’s private station. Rovos Rail’s Pride of Africa departs for Victoria Falls. Dinner and overnight on train.
Day 8: Pride of Africa. Lunch, dinner and overnight on the train.
Day 9: Victoria Falls. Arrive Victoria Falls. Transfer from Station to the Victoria Falls Hotel. Dinner and overnight at the Hotel.
Day 10: Victoria Falls. Day at leisure. An activities desk is provided in the foyer of the hotel. Optional helicopter rides, river rafting, bungee jumping, craft village, guided tours of Falls. Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River. Dinner at The Boma. Overnight at Victoria Falls Hotel.
Day 11: Zanzibar. After breakfast transfer to the airport for a 3 hour flight to Zanzibar. Transfer to Zanzibar Serena Hotel. Lunch served at the hotel. Stone Town tour. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 12: Ngorongoro Crater, nights Tanzania. After breakfast Island Spice Tour with lunch en route. Transfer to airport for 40 minute flight to Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. Board vehicles for 2 ½ hour drive via Lake Manyara to Ngorongoro Farmhouse. Dinner and overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania. After breakfast, game drive excursion with picnic lunch on floor of crater. Dinner and overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Serengeti. After breakfast, transfer to Serengeti mobile tented camp in Ndutu area. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 15: Serengeti. Breakfast in camp. Morning and afternoon game drives in the Serengeti. Lunch, dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 16: Uganda. Transfer to airstrip for domestic flight to Kilimanjaro airport. After immigration and customs formalities we depart for 1 hour flight to Entebbe, Uganda. On arrival in Entebbe the passengers will be split into two groups. Group 1 will visit the chimpanzees on Ngamba Island and Group 2 will enjoy an excursion to Jinja, source of the Nile. Dinner and overnight at the Imperial Resort Beach Hotel.
Optional: 2 night gorilla tracking experience available in Rwanda / Uganda. (Rate and availability on request).
- Day 17: Uganda. The two groups of passengers exchange excursions today with Group 2 visiting the chimpanzees on Ngamba Island and Group 1 enjoying the excursion to Jinja, source of the Nile. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
- Day 18: Khartoum, Sudan. After breakfast transfer to Entebbe Airport for 2 ½ hour flight to Khartoum, Sudan. Transfer to the Burj Al Fateh Hotel for lunch. Afternoon visit to Omdurman Old Quarter and Market place. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
- Day 19: Khartoum, Sudan. After breakfast enjoy a day tour to Meroe with lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
- Day 20: Cruise on Lake Nasser, Egypt. Transfer to Khartoum airport for 1 hour 10 minute flight to Abu Simbel, Egypt. Board Kasr Ibrim for your Lake Nasser cruise. Lunch on board with visits to Abu Simbel Temples. Dinner and overnight on board.
- Day 21: Cruise to Amada; Wadi El Seboua. Breakfast is served while sailing to Kasr Ibrim. Tour conducted from the ship’s sun deck as entrance to the site is not permitted. Lunch while sailing to Amada. Visit the temples of Amada and Derr as well as the tomb of Penout. Afternoon sail to Wadi El Seboua. Dinner and overnight on board.
- Day 22: Wadi El Seboua. Morning visit to Wadi El Seboua, the temples of Dakka and Maharakka. Lunch on board. Sail to Aswan while dining. Overnight on board.
- Day 23: Temple of Kalabsha. Visit the Kalabsha temple, Beit El Wali and the Kiosk of Kertassi. Disembark after breakfast and transfer by road to Luxor with lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at the Hilton Luxor Resort and Spa.
- Day 24: Luxor. Full day in Luxor with visits to the East Bank of Luxor: Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple; West Bank of Luxor, including Valley of Kings, Valley of Queens, the Temple of Hatshepsut and a photo stop at Colossi of Memnon. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
- Day 25: Cairo. After breakfast transfer to Luxor airport for 1 hour flight to Cairo. Arrive Cairo and transfer to the Four Seasons First Residence Hotel with views of both the Nile and the Great Pyramids. Lunch at the hotel. Dinner at own leisure. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 26: Cairo. Full day tour to Giza Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. Dinner at Mena House. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 27: Cairo. Tour of Saqqara and Memphis. Afternoon at leisure. Farewell dinner and overnight at hotel.
- Day 28: Transfer to Cairo Airport for your flight home.
The Train: Rovos Rail's Pride of Africa. The Pride of Africa provides sumptuous, old-world elegance and luxury of a type perhaps never equaled, even during the 1920s, the era the train is supposed to evoke. Its two diners turn out meal after meal of incredible perfection. Its lounge with bar and sitting area include an open-air "patio" in the rear for wind-in-the-face viewing.
"The rebuilt sleeper coaches contain the most spacious train suites in the world," says Rovos Rail. This is not an idle boast. The Royal Suites take up half a car, include private lounges and have separate Victorian bathtub and shower. The Deluxe Suites accommodate two passengers in either twin or double beds and have a lounge area and en-suite bathroom with shower.
"Of special note are the surfeit of windows afforded Rovos Rail sleeping accommodations. Although capable of being securely locked, and equipped with properly working blinds, these windows also can be opened—a matter of utmost importance for quality rail travel." - Owen Hardy, publisher - The International Railway Traveler. In addition to the Pride of Africa, this tour will use a private luxury aircraft (business-class configuration) and a five-star luxury Nile cruise ship.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa South Africa Tanzania Egypt Local Culture Railway Trips Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 09457
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "09457" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.