Drive along the magnificent Lhasa - Kathmandu road covering Tibet’s "must-see" places to fabled Rongbuk Monastery, set exquisitely beneath Everest’s North Face. Begin a three day trek to Tingri and spiral down to Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, from where you can extend your trip or return home. The trek is ranked as moderate to strenuous as we will cross only one mountain pass on our way. One should be capable of walking a full day with a day pack. However, no previous Himalayan trekking experience is needed to take part in our Tibetan trips.
Day 1: Arrive at the Gongkhar airport in Lhasa. Transfer to hotel.
Days 2 & 3: Spend 2 full days visiting sights in and around Lhasa.
Day 4: Drive to Gyantse via Yamdrok Tso.
Day 5: Visit sights in Gyantse and in the afternoon drive to Shigatse.
Day 6: Drive to Shegar (New Tingri).
Day 7: Drive to Rongphu Monastery and hike to the Everest Base Camp.
Days 8 - 10: Dza Rongbuk Monastery to Tingri Trekking.
Day 11: Drive to the border - Zhangmu.
Day 12: Exit Tibet. Change vehicles and transfer to Kathmandu.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All accommodations based on double occupancy, including tax and service
- All meals as stated in the itinerary highlighting the local cuisine with water, tea, coffee, local beer, and soft drinks
- Group airport arrival and departure transfers
- All ground transportation in private air conditioned vehicle with bottled water and snacks on coach
- All sightseeing, entrance fees
- Services of local guides, site experts, and other support personnel
- Tibet Travel Permit.
- International airfare
- Any en route stopovers, hotels, and meals to and from China
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Passport and visa fees
- Items of a personal nature such as, laundry, mail, phone calls, faxes, spa treatments, hard liquor
- Normal level of gratuities for local guides and drivers
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking