Day 1: Caracas Airport - Morrocoy National Park. From the Caracas airport you will be transferred to the Morrocoy National Park - located between Tucacas and Chichiriviche in the eastern Caribbean coast of Falcon State. The National Park has a surface area of 32,090 hectares. Beautiful, isolated tropical beaches, shallow coral reefs and mangrove swamps are part of its unique ecosystem. Its complex mangrove-lined channels and estuaries - protected by the confines of the maritime areas of the park - are an ideal hideaway for snorkelers, divers, water-skiers, kayakers, birdwatchers, windsurfers and beach lovers. In addition, the mangroves are an important nesting ground for frigate birds, scarlet ibis, pink flamingoes, crested herons, cormorants and ducks.
The park has about 30 keys, some of which are covered in palm trees and mangroves and others are desert islets of pure white sand. Underneath, the surface of warm, clear waters, abundant coral and fish life thrive along the reefs and mangrove roots. The mangroves serve as lively rookeries for pink flamingos, herons, scarlet ibis and frigate birds while the nearby salt lagoon and tidal flat of the Cuare Nature Preserve is a perfect location for morning and afternoon wildlife viewing. Upon arrival, check into your hotel and enjoy what is left of the day. Overnight at a hotel.
Day 2: Morrocoy National Park. After breakfast, take an excursion and dive into one of the following keys (2 dives per day): Cayo Sur: a small key surrounded by a large coral reef. Maximum depth: 16 meters.
Cayo Medio: small key located between Cayo Sur and Cayo Norte that has an interesting variety of fauna and corals to see. An additional attraction to see at this site is a small shipwreck. Maximum depth: 22 meters.
Cayo Norte: Site that features excellent visibility and variety of flora and fauna. Spectacular place for night dives. Maximum depth: 22 meters.
If you feel like taking an open water, advance, stress and rescue and/or nitrox diving class that can also be arranged at an extra cost. Overnight at hotel. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Morrocoy National Park. Another day exploring a key at the Morrocoy National Park (2 dives per day). Overnight at hotel. Includes: (B).
Day 4: Caracas Airport - Los Roques National Park - Morrocoy National Park. Early in the morning, after breakfast, head back to Caracas to catch a flight to Los Roques, a beautiful national park and the largest marine reserve in the Caribbean. Corals teeming with tropical fish, white sand beaches on islets in turquoise seas. Los Roques is one of Venezuela’s top diving sites.
At the main island, there will be a travel assistant waiting for you. He/she will take you to your posada. Rest, clean up and maybe enjoy a short walk around the picturesque town. At around 8:00 P.M. (or when you start to feel hungry), go back to the posada for dinner. Overnight at Posada. Includes: (B).
Day 5: Los Roques National Park. Spend the days diving at any of the following locations (2 dives per day):
- Madrisqui or Francisqui: 2 amazing reefs close to El Gran Roque, just 7 min. by boat. These are a wonderful gardens of coral and sponges, with a great variety of reef fauna. The maximum depth is 60 feet. This dive is perfect for beginners.
- Solapa de Rabusqui: after a 15 minute boat ride s/w form El Roque we find La Solapa de Rabusqui.This is a special reef formation like lapping, with an amazing visibility, where we often see, tarpons, turtles an sharks.
- Barrera Arrecifal Sur: a primitive and protected area of the south barrel reef, where we have at least 50 different sites, from Boca de Cote to Cayo sal, with wall up to 1.500 meters.We can fine caves, and the most beautiful coral formations, considered one of the best reefs in the Caribbean. It´s common to find sharks, turtles, and big schools of jacks, snappers and much more. To reach this place we have to ride at least 40 minutes by boat. Overnight at Posada. Includes: (B).
Day 6: Los Roques National Park. Spend the days diving at any of the following locations (2 dives per day):
- La Guaza: a rocky formation, located very close, just 5 minutes by boat, There are 3 pinnacles, with depths of 103 feet. There is wonderful visibility for all kinds of pelagic, like barracudas, groupers, snappers, turtles, eels, and much more. It is one of the most famous spots in Los Roques.
- La Piedra Ahogada: a place very similar to La Guaza. We can do deep and night diving here. We can often see jacks, barracudas, eels, and great variety of reef fish and rays. From this dive we can reach the cave of La Buceadora.
- La Buceadora: with similar features, but on the other side of El Gran Roque, here we can reach the tarpons arch (Arco de los sábalos) , and their caves. There is a very interesting cavern with 2 domes where we can do very interesting penetrations, also on this dive we can visit a small three year old sailboat wreck at about 90 feet. Overnight at Posada. Includes: (B).
Day 7: Los Roques National Park - Caracas Airport. Return to Caracas for your flight home. At the Maiquetia airport our travel assistant will be waiting for you to help you with your connecting flight. Includes: (B).
Also see tour packages in:
South America Venezuela Outdoor: Water Drifter Scuba Diving Snorkeling