Here we are about to start a challenging journey down this clear and narrow river. With alpine campsites alongside the river, easy hikes, many panoramic vistas are guaranteed. Seeing grizzly, wolf, dall sheep, caribou, and moose are all possibilities.
Day 1: Arrival Whitehorse. Arrival in Whitehorse, meeting of group members. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 2: Whitehorse - Mayo - Wind River. Drive with the van to Mayo & float plane transfer to McClusky Lake (Headwater Wind River).
Days 3 - 19: Hiking/Canoing the Wind River Valley. Start of the canoe expedition down the Wind, a distance to paddle of about 300 km. It is a journey through truly wild land. The wind does not have any difficult whitewater, but canoeists should be competent paddlers. For the hiking trips we are setting up our base camps on the shores of the clear river and explore the immense scenery. The Wind River Valley is home of wilderness-dependent animals such as wolfs, grizzlies and wolverines. The rich habitat supports healthy populations of woodland caribou, moose and dall sheep.
Day 20: Wind River - Mayo. At the confluence of the Snake River into the Peel River the journey ends. Float plane transfer back to Mayo. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 21: Mayo - Whitehorse. Van transfer via Silver- and Klondike Highway back to Whitehorse. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 22: Departure Whitehorse. Transfer to airport or connecting program.
- Expert guidance on the entire trip
- 2 nights hotel accommodation (Whitehorse)
- 1 night hotel accommodation (Mayo)
- Overland transportation (Whitehorse - Mayo - Whitehorse)
- Airport Shuttle in Whitehorse
- Rental and transportation of canoes
- Tents, cooking - and camping equipment
- Float plane transfer from Mayo to McClusky Lake
- Float plane transfer from Peel River to Mayo
- All meals on hiking / canoe trip.
- Meals in hotels
- Fishing license
- Transportation to Whitehorse and return.
Double Room/Tent: CAD 5,595.00
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Canada Yukon Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend