Sarah Ferguson Brown, an art historian, and Michael Brown, a wine and food specialist, are well equipped to assist their guests discover the markets, culture, history, food and wine of their region. They have been working and living in Sarah's family home in the vicinity of Gordes full-time since 1989.
Our school offers you seven days of history, art, food and fun. The one-week program includes a large number of activities for each vacation day:
* Saturday – Arrival;
* Sunday - Isle-sur-la-Sorgue Market;
* Monday - Exploring the neighborhood;
* Tuesday - Menerbes, Apt and the religious wars;
* Wednesday - Saint-Remy-de-Provence;
* Thursday - Aix-en Provence;
* Friday – Avignon;
* Saturday – Departure.
Each evening guests are invited to participate at cooking demonstrations or hands-on classes.
All tours, cooking demonstrations and wine tastings will be conducted by your hosts, Sarah and Michael Brown.
Guests are free in the afternoon to hike, bike, play golf, enjoy the pool or to tour the region on their own.
Guests are lodged in the family's six-bedroom home - a lovely converted village farmhouse in the small hamlet of Les Martins at the southern limit of the commune of Gordes. The house was once the village bakery and its earliest segments probably date back to the 16th century.
- 7 nights in one of the 6 comfortable single or double rooms in the Ferguson family home
- 7 continental breakfasts
- 7 four-course meals with wine and drinks
- daily maid service
- 6 mornings of guided tours and at least 6 cooking demonstrations.
Also see Vacation Schools in:
|Check out these similar vacation offers: