Our school is a renowned language institute for both business and private individuals. It is located in the center of the German city of Bamberg, which is also home to a university and which has been designated a cultural landmark by UNESCO.
Our institute offers a learning experience that goes beyond the classroom. Every day you will be offered the opportunity to practice the knowledge gained in the classroom through personal encounters with residents of Bamberg and a variety of extracurricular activities.
We believe in helping you to develop a competent and enjoyable command of the German language. Together we will remove all language barriers, always taking into account your individual learning needs and wishes. Our German language courses are suitable for adults from all walks of life, such as professionals, students and trainees, business people that are undergoing a change of career, and also people, who simply want the challenge of learning a new language, and are interested in contacts with Germany.
What you can expect at our school:
- A very detailed placement test.
- We instruct in small groups with 5 students on average and 8 on maximum.
- 3 different types of courses to meet the needs of individual learners: group courses, combination courses (group plus One-to-One), One-to-One courses.
- Flexibility with regard to your choice of course during your stay. You can change courses, if it turns out that another type of course will be more suitable for you.
- You are taught by at least 2 trainers, giving you the advantage of their different styles, personalities and methods.
- Emphasis is placed on developing both your oral, written skills, your grammar and listening comprehension.
- During your stay, you will be in constant contact with your teachers and course trainers to continually optimize your course.
- We use diverse and creative teaching material: both accredited school books as well as our own and authentic material.
- You will find experienced and qualified native teachers who are also ready listeners after class is over.
Our institute in Bamberg combines language courses, common leisure activities and TopicClub-Seminars and thus creates an ideal setting for you to achieve your learning goals the fastest possible way. We want your stay with our school and in Bamberg to be a great experience and a learning success. As part of this, we offer leisure time activities 3 times per week.
Besides these activities being lots of fun for all, we constantly pay attention to the practice of the German language in many different situations. This is an important part of your learning experience. During these activities you will meet the participants from other courses and many local friends of the language school in Bamberg.
Our leisure tips containing the activities of the current week you can see in our Leisure Time Program. Of course, our leisure activities are optional, but we recommend your participation in these common activities.
Our school's founder and director Alexandra von Rohr, assistant director Joachim Graff and the rest of the team will do everything to make sure that your stay in Bamberg is not only an absolute learning success, but also a cultural experience you won't soon forget.
Qualified instructors and an open and friendly atmosphere ensure swift progress in your command of the German language. Small groups are the key to efficient, individual and intensive learning. That's why these are the type of course that we offer. These courses guarantee maximum learning success, intensive experience with a small group and lots of fun during your stay in Germany.
Our lecturers have the best qualifications for teaching German using the most modern and pedagogically most suitable methods. However, you will not only find graduates from the university in Bamberg, — who naturally know the life and culture in Bamberg inside out, but also teachers who gained experience by teaching at the Goethe institute and institutions offering language training and adult education.
A large number of extracurricular activities each week enable participants to become acquainted with day-to-day life in Germany and with the people who live there, thereby leading to even greater improvement in their verbal skills. Afternoon activities may include visits to nearby cities of: Nürnberg, Coburg, Bayreuth or, as depicted on the left, a wine feast in Zeil am Main. Films and lectures regarding different topics like culture, history of the city of Bamberg and economy by teachers and students.
In Bamberg’s new concert hall you can enjoy the classical concerts of world-famous orchestra Bamberger Symphoniker, and visit jazz and rock concerts. There are also many bars and clubs where small live-concerts or theatre productions are offered. The main theater is Stadttheater E.T.A. Hoffmann, but there are also many small, private theatres, which offer a broad range of plays and comedies.
Our institute is capable of handling a maximum capacity of 50 students at one time; courses are divided into several levels based upon the participants' command of the language.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
The mentioned minimum cost are for a 2 weeks intensive course with 20 lessons per week and max of 8 participants per class. "Maximum cost" is for 30 lessons per week.
Any other course with additional 1-to-1 lessons are possible. 52 € inscription fee (once per year) - accommodation (if wanted) - no hidden fees.
Our course prices include:
- the course as booked
- course material including books
- placement, control and final tests
- small groups with an average of 5 students
- study consultation
- 6 supplementary practical sessions per week
- offer of leisure activities
- allocation of tandem partner
- allocation of accommodation
- free internet access on PCs and WLAN
- discounted bicycle hire
- our school's certificate according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages link to European framework for languages.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2005
Client Request Served: 15
Alexandra von Rohr (39), owner and founder. M05172 has specialized in intensive German courses in small groups and 1:1 training for adults. Business and general German alike are taught; a regular preparation for the Goethe certificates, TestDaF and DSH is also part of the comprehensive program. Additional seminars such...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: