Our center teaches Arabic as a foreign language. It was -and still- located in the district of Nasr City in Cairo. At first, target students were either those who came from abroad to study in Al-Azhar or Western students – and both were studying Arabic seeking a better understanding of Islam. Then, the circle became larger as many students with different aims came to study to us and it became necessary for us to produce educational materials to suit those different aims.
Teaching Arabic for non speakers of Arabic regardless of their aims, ages or races; and also we aim at cooperating with research foundations in order to develop the teaching methodology and meet the needs of Arabic learners. Our staff is consisted of native speakers of Arabic. They are university graduates from the faculties or the departments of Arabic. All of the teachers are qualified to teach Arabic as a foreign language and they teach Modern Standard Arabic “Fusha ” with the co-operation of educational aids developers.
The teaching methods used at the Center are based on the Audio-Lingual Method with a Communicative approach. This effective method and this approach have been proved successful in foreign language instruction worldwide. Instead of using an intermediary language in teaching foreign language, the Audio-Lingual method requires that only the target language to be used in classroom instruction as well as in study. This method gives equal attention to the development of all the four language skills, starting with Listening, then focusing on Speaking, Reading, and Writing. This method proved highly successful that the student starts speaking Arabic immediately.
The Communicative approach aims at making the student communicate using the target language in real situations. Center also uses numerous teaching aids to improve the learning environment. These aids include: reading selections from various genres, pictures, comic strips, posters, cards, audio tapes, CDs, video tapes, local and international Arabic magazines and newspapers, and recreational trips. With the help of these and other aids, learning Arabic becomes incredibly enjoyable, easy, and appealing to the student.
Novice Stage: ( 5 levels- 50 hours each level)
This stage aims at training students to use Arabic in their daily lives, so that they can:
- Introduce themselves and get acquainted with people;
- Order food in a resturant;
- Tell a taxi driver where they want to go;
- Buy fruits and vegetables;
- Exchange money, tell the time in Arabic;
- Speak about themselves and their daily life;
- make a phone call;
- Show sympathy with patients;
Intermediate Stage: (6 levels- 50 hours each level)
The aims of this stage are to enable students to:
- Use the modern languge so that they can understand the general idea of a journalistic article or a novel;
- Use Arabic to describe historical,geographical, and political fields;
- Know the proverbs used in the Arab world and compare them with proverbs in their own language;
- Know about various arts in the arab world such as calligraphy and arabesque;
- Know Arabic poetry and be familiar with famous poets such as Ilia Aby Mady and famous writers such as Najeeb Mahfouz;
- Take part in job interviews;
- Describe their experiences;
- Dicuss topics of their daily lives (this is a continuation of topics covered in earlier levels but now the student will be expected to provide more detail);
- Become more aware of Arab customs for example in marriage, death, and celebrations;
- Manage a conversation with Arabs in general topics;
After this stage the student can continue to study Advanced Modern Arabic or customized courses that fit his goals e.g. to study the languag used in Mass Media ; to study Arabic for the purpose of trading or any other purpose.
The fee per hour for private course is 8.73 USD for 1 on 1
(one student to one teacher), 7.00 USD for 2 on 1 and 5.25 USD for 3 on 1, you can study the number of hours you want.
1. The tuition is for lessons only.
2. Registration and placement test is for 8.73 USD.
3. The MSA book is for 26 USD.
4. Exercise book is for 25 EGP
We provide 10 % discount on all Tuition fees
Our center's team works hard all the time to creat many real situations outside the classroom for every student, through acquaintanceship, activities, groups, visits, phone chats, short and long trips, and the exchange of tapes and other live media.
The center is in a central location within the business and commercial district of the city of Cairo, only 20 kilometres / 14 miles from Cairo International Airport and 10 kilometres / 6 miles from the Giza Pyramids. Also situated in a perfect location on the River Nile in the district of "Garden City" where a large number of embassies, hotels, museums, ministries, and tourism companies are located.
We are pleased to offer new international students the following :
- Cairo Airport Pick-up:
*25$ USD per student;
*10$ for every additional accompanying sudent;
- Apartment Search Assistance Fees: Fees vary according to the rental agent. It is usually equivalent to ½ your first month’s rent [Service Description: The rental agent will assist you in finding a suitable apartment that fits both your needs and budget. He will accompany you to different apartments, agents, and offices, advising you on the best deal].
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2006
Client Request Served: 18
We are M15109. We are specialized in teaching Arabic as a foreign language, We have 9 years experiencein since 1997. We have advanced levels of Arabic Studies that fit and cover all students levels. Our center offers group and private studies for Modern Standard Arabic and Egyptian Colloquial Arabic. We also offer...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: