Our School is situated at 5 Angel Hill, Bury St. Edmunds, in beautiful Suffolk. Our classrooms and offices occupy the upper floors of a 17th century building in the heart of the historic town centre. The classrooms overlook the beautiful Abbey Gardens with the romantic ruins in the foreground and the rolling Suffolk countryside beyond. On the ground floor there is a traditional English tea room and restaurant.
10 reasons to choose studying at our School:
- Small groups - average 8 and maximum 12 per class
- Personal care and attention is a priority to all students
- Start any Monday
- Good mixture of nationalities
- We are registered with the UK Government's Department of Education - see register
- We are the only English school in Bury
- Great school location in centre of Bury: park & cathedral opposite
- 50 minutes from London Stansted Airport
- Fully qualified and experienced teachers
- We are an authorised Cambridge University ESOL Exam Centre
A perfect way for teenagers (14-18 years old) to improve their English during the summer weeks. Learn through meeting students from around the world in small hard-working classes. Then, in the afternoons and evenings continue to make progress by taking part in the social and sports activities as well as the Saturday excursions.
There is always a very good mix of nationalities in the classes. We encourage only English to be spoken in class. Students of the same nationality are, wherever possible, not together. The focus is on grammar and communication. We cover all of the main skills of Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening using the most modern resources. Our aim is to significantly boost every student's English in a short time ready for school or university in September.
These activities include:
- Excursions to London, Cambridge, Brighton and more. These take place on a regular basis during the year.
- Catching up with the latest film releases at the new multi-screen cinema.
- Social evenings including our international food evenings. They are popular with students and teachers alike. Veritable feasts and not to be missed!!!
- As Bury St Edmunds has the second oldest theatre in England, trips to the Theatre Royal to see plays and musicals are a feature of life at the School.
- Every May, the Bury St Edmunds Festival takes place, which means a host of theatrical, musical, artistic and sporting events around the town.
- At Christmas, a formal end-of-year dinner at a local club has become a great annual tradition.
- Informal trips to the pub.
Activities easily available at the local Leisure Centre and around town include:
- ten-pin bowling.
- weight training
This type of accommodation is a perfect way to learn about the British way of life: food, customs and traditions. It is also the best way to practise your English conversation skills outside of school. Our families come from interesting backgrounds and want to learn about you! Accommodation is personally arranged by the Welfare Officer to ensure that each and every student is made to feel welcome and part of the family. Three good meals are provided each day. You will join the family for breakfast and dinner, but packed lunches are provided for school days. Your will usually have your own room with comfortable bed, wardrobe, cupboards and desk for homework. Most rooms have either a TV or stereo system and it may be possible to share the internet connection as well. Access to a telephone can usually be arranged. The homes are mostly located in Bury St Edmunds town, a short walk from both the school and the shops.
For the more independent student, this choice allows you the freedom to shop and cook for yourself. Self-catering accommodation is still carefully chosen so that the student can live with friendly English people wherever possible. Standards are kept high but the costs are lower. Most of the self-catering accommodation is in walking distance of the town centre.
- Full level testing on arrival
- Care and support from Welfare Officer
- 23 hours of lessons per week
- A full day excursion per week with teachers
- A supervised social programme with teachers
- 2 sports per week - newly opened leisure centre
- Homestay accommodation with a carefully selected local family
- All meals
- Use of course books
- Course certificate and student stationery
- Use of internet
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2006
Client Request Served: 10
We have provided quality English teaching for over 13 years. During this time, students from more than 50 different countries have made exceptional progress and achieved outstanding results in the Cambridge University PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS, TOEFL and LCCI English for Business Exams. Our students are cared for in...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: