Highlights of the region include:
- azure blue lake waters
- internationally acclaimed vineyards
- championship golf courses
- lush orchards and a healthy
- semi-desert lifestyle
The Canadian Tourism Commission consistently rates the area as Canada’s premier golf destination, Japanese Newsweek Magazine (2005) listed Kelowna as one of the world’s best places to retire and Frommer’s Travel Guides (2007) ranks the Okanagan as one of the world’s most alluring destinations. Big White, Apex, Silver Star and Crystal Mountain resorts offer skiing and snowboarding on near perfect ‘champagne powder’ from December to April. Big White is recognized by Luxury Travel Magazine as one of the world’s ‘Top 5’ ski resorts.
With a population of over 110,000, Kelowna is the largest city in the Okanagan Valley and one of the fastest growing in Canada. Kelowna is nestled on picturesque Okanagan Lake and a visit would not be complete without trying to sight the legendary lake monster, the Ogopogo! Kelowna offers unique shops, restaurants, resorts, spas, health services and entertainment venues. Prospera Place Stadium, the cities largest entertainment venue, hosts a wide variety of cultural and musical performances and is home to the Kelowna Rockets ice hockey team of the Western Hockey Recent events include: Il Divo, Nelly Furtado, Avril Levigne, Cher, Lord of the Dance, Elton John, Motley Crue, Diana Krall, Snoop Dogg and the World Jr. Ice Hockey Tournament. Best of all, Kelowna provides a fun, safe, relaxing and friendly environment in which to study.
Air Canada, West Jet and Horizon Airlines frequently service Kelowna from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Seattle, Victoria, Toronto and Las Vegas. Kelowna International Airport is Canada’s 9th busiest with new routes and flights added on a regular basis.
Greyhound Bus also serves Kelowna from all major centres.
10 Reasons to Study in Kelowna at IGK:
1. Kelowna’s weather is mainly sunny and mild with average temperatures of 31C in August, 17C in October, 2C in January and 20C in April. Canada’s only desert is located in the Okanagan Valley.
2. The majority of Kelowna residents speak English as their first language. Statistics Canada documents that 95% of Kelowna citizens speak English as their first language compared with less than 50% in Toronto and Vancouver.
3. Local people are very friendly, open and easy to converse with and this will improve your English faster than in larger cities.
4. Surrounded by Nature, Kelowna is a very safe city with a strong community spirit and easygoing lifestyle.
5. Entertainment, transportation and living costs are 10-50% lower in Kelowna than in many other Canadian cities so you will save money while living and studying here. For example, a monthly transit pass is $39-53 in Kelowna and $69-130 in Vancouver.
6. Kelowna is easily accessible by air or by bus through the gateway cities of Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Seattle or Las Vegas.
7. IGK offers small class sizes (average 6), fast paced, dynamic lessons and personalized attention.
8. IGK home stays are closely monitored and frequently inspected to guarantee the highest quality for your stay.
9. IGK organizes a variety of evening and weekend activities and learning adventures.
10. IGK’s warm and professional staff makes you feel like you are part of their family so you won’t want to leave……
The main emphases of our programs are on communication and on functional English for daily life. We also offer Cambridge, IELTS and TOEIC exam preparation. Practical ESL programs begin weekly.
AM: In the morning this program features 3 levels of Practical English from Beginner to Advanced that focus on the combined skills of reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, listening and speaking for the younger learner.
PM: In the afternoon this program features a selection of sports, cultural and recreational activities in Canada's #1 resort city!
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend