Upon completion of the course you will have mastered basic kitchen skills in food preparation, cooking and presentation. You will be confident and competent in basic culinary skills that you will be encouraged to share. You will have a basic, practical knowledge of nutrition, healthier eating habits and improved kitchen hygiene awareness.
Techniques and tips are taught that maximize enjoyment and nutrition, whilst minimizing time and effort. The primary goal of our company is to introduce men to the joys and practicalities of cooking. You will live better and feel better by eating better.
The course provides:
* Skills necessary to provide good food, quickly, cheaply, with a minimum of effort
* The course dispels myths of the kitchen, and in a friendly atmosphere scuttles any reluctance to get cooking.
The course produces:
* Confidence for you to be versatile and creative
* Short cuts - producing great results quickly
* A practical appreciation for food.
The course includes:
* Cooking to save money
* Cooking for health
* Cooking for weight loss
* Cooking for vegetarians
* Seasonal cooking
* Shopping techniques
* Using kitchen appliances
* Safety in the kitchen.
Lesson 1 includes:
- Kitchen Safety and Knife Safety
- Correct Knife Usage and Knife Skills
- Kitchen Hygiene
- Basic Nutrition.
* Penne Pasta with Pesto Sauce
* Wine Match - Riesling
* Recommended Wine: Wynns Coonawarra Estate Riesling, Coonawarra SA.
* Atlantic Salmon on an Avocado Salad with Warm Orange Vinaigrette
* Wine Match - Medium-Oaked Chardonnay
* Recommended Wine: Rosemount Orange Vineyard Chardonnay, Orange NSW.
* Warm Chocolate Tart with fresh berries and cream
* Wine Match - Tokay or Muscat
* Fresh Bread
* Fiji Water.
* Patrick Southon - Chef and Introductory Course Presenter: Patrick Southon is a very talented and experienced chef. Currently teaching the future chefs of Sydney at East Sydney TAFE, Patrick brings wealth of knowledge and pearls of wisdom to the students clearly and without being intimidating. In his 20 year career, Patrick has (amongst other things) owned and operated the acclaimed Figs restaurant in Willoughby, as well as having experience in some of Sydney's best restaurants such as Milson's at Milson's Point and Bilson's in the city.
* Ben Dalton - Director: Ben has over 20 years' experience in the Wine, Food and Hospitality Industries. He founded the school with the aim of introducing to men the joy and satisfaction of cooking for friends and family. Ben's love of life comes from his desire to share his passion for food and wine with as many people as possible.
We also offer students an opportunity to delve into the concepts introduced in our Introductory Course in more detail with the He Cooks Single Units. These Units are offered on Saturday lunch and Monday evenings, and are open to any of our students who has completed our Introductory Course, or (usually at a minimum) our Lesson 1.
Our courses are held at Glebe and Gordon in Sydney, as well as Melbourne CBD.
- Full tuition by qualified, experienced chefs
- Three Course meal, beer and wine
- Wine/Food Matching Tutorial.
Everything is included - notes, tuition, ingredients, wine, beer, Fiji Water - the lot.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2005
Client Request Served: 19
M05193 is a new cooking school designed to meet the specific needs of men who want more confidence in the domestic kitchen.
Ben has over 20 years' experience in the Wine, Food and Hospitality Industries. He founded the school with the aim of introducing to men the joy and satisfaction of cooking for friends...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Australia and Oceania
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: