Our courses are planned for students at various levels who wish to take their first steps in Spanish or who are simply interested in improving their fluidity. The program is divided into weeks, with new students beginning classes every Monday throughout the year. The standard package is four hours a day of classes given by university teachers with experience of teaching Spanish as a second language. At the end of each course, the student will be able to understand and use Spanish in a variety of contexts, expressing him/herself with control and assurance.
Internal organization of the class:
* Grammar, exercises explanations, and explanations of grammatical rules followed by exercises related to the theme. Oral activities conducted in class with the instructor an classmates. These will provide the opportunity to hear and interact in Spanish. Material use of slides and transparencies along with supplementary activities including crossword puzzles, open dialogs, flash cards, situational activities, and discussion with personal opinions.
* Oral expressions with short readings of cultural texts with topical and relevant themes of interests. Materials include: Short videos, documentaries for analysis and discussion in class concerning Costa Rica and Latin America Regions.
* Literature, short stories, and films of literary works. These are used to expand the students knowledge of the cultural and political environment as well as supplement to language classes.
In the process of teaching Spanish we apply the “Natural Approach”, a theory for the acquisition of a second language which emphasizes the primacy of oral and conversational skills. This methodology can be applied at all levels: basic, intermediate and advanced.
We can offer many one day tours. Below are some tours available:
- Aerial Tram Rain Forest
- Arenal Volcano by night
- 4X4 ATV Tour
- Butterfly Farm
- Coffee Britt Tour
- Capuccino Coffee Tour
- Folklore Show at Pueblo Antiguo
- Horseback Riding
- Irazu Volcano, Lankaster Gardens, and Orosi Valley
- La Paz Waterfalls
- Poas Volcano and Sarchi Oxcart Factory
- San José City Tour
- San Lorenzo Canopy Tour
- Whitewater Rafting on the Sarapiqui or Pacuare Rivers
- Audio visual material: use of educational videos, cassettes and films.
- The text book “Dos Mundos” is basic in beginners’ classes; each student should bring a copy of the book, if you are unable to do so, please let us know in advance.
- Exercise book / notebook
- Transparencies and slides
- Learning games: (flash cards, verb bingo etc.)
- Use of internet for individual research (preparation for discussion etc)
- Support material (newspapers, magazine articles etc).
The total cost of packages includes all instruction, text materials (except dictionaries) and airport pick-up. Packages A, C and E also include housing (breakfast and dinner) with a host family. Couples taking a program receive a 5% discount. Family and group discounts are given. If you are interested in receiving college credit, please keep in mind that the fees presented here do not include transcription fees from U.S. institutions.
About This Supplier
||Location: Costa Rica
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2008
Client Request Served: 0
Our courses are designed to provide the maximum flexibility for students at all levels. We offer a standard Spanish Program package: 4 hours of daily instruction (20 lessons per week). Individual or small group Spanish Classes and day excursions to local areas of interest and natural beauty are all included in our...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Central America and Caribbean
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: