Maintaining motivation and interest are always key factors in learning. Using the language in realistic situations so you can see immediately how effectively you have learned is the best way to progress quickly. We have small groups or one to one classes, it means that everybody can practice and individuals are listened to. Our teachers are qualified to teach Portuguese to foreigners and English and Spanish to Brazilian students as a foreign language. The teachers use techniques and materials to encourage students to talk.
* EPC - Elementary Portuguese Course:
This course is aimed at to those students with little time in the city and no knowledge of Portuguese and want to communicate in a short period of time. We have groups and one to one classes.
* IPC - Intermediate Portuguese Classes:
This course is offered to those students who have some knowledge of Portuguese and want to improve their skills in the language.
* BPC - Beginners Portuguese Classes:
This course is specific for those students that have no or very short knowledge of Portuguese. We have groups and one to one classes.
* APC - Advanced Portuguese Classes:
This course is aimed to those students who already have good knowledge of Portuguese and want to improve and expand their knowledge. We also have groups and one to one classes.
* PFSS - Portuguese for Spanish Speakers:
This course is specific for students who have Spanish as a mother tongue. It means that the group only has students from countries where Spanish is spoken as an official language. But the class, as all the others modalities, is given in Portuguese.
- Sergio Lanier Gurgel: English teacher for Brazilians and Portuguese teacher for foreigners. Vast experience in English and Portuguese teaching in private courses and high school. Specialized in Portuguese for foreigner students. At present English teacher of Anglo American Cultural Center, FISK, DIÁLOGO and teacher/Director of our school, where teaches English and Portuguese.
- Eduarda Gurgel: English teacher for Brazilians and Portuguese teacher for foreigners. And other, worth to mention teachers that are all specialist in teaching Portuguese as a Foreign Language.
If you are interested in the Bahian cuzine and want to learn how to cook shellfish we will teach you a variety of delicious dishes. The typical Bahian cuzine has a mixture of Afro, Portuguese and Indian origin. The predominant is the African one, that uses palm oil to color and spice the foods. An example of that are the famous "Moquecas" and their accompaniment like "Vatapá", "Caruru", "Xinxim de galinha", "Frigideira de marisco", "farofa de dendê ", and pepper (which gives a spice flavor but that's optional) and also the manioc which derivate from the Indian cuzine. You have also the possibility to attend Dance Classes, Capoeira lessons and involve in volunteer work.
Accommodation in Brazilian family house previously selected with a specific goal to help the student improve his fluency in the language.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
Client Request Served: 0
M17703 school after a long time of researching aims to develop a methodology that will have a more modern approach. Primarily the main objectives are to work on the students weakest areas such as listening, speaking, writing and reading. This methodology is "The Communicative Approach". This method not only...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: