Individual courses begin throughout the whole year. New courses start every two weeks. Minimum attendance is 1 week. Students who already know some Italian can enroll at times other than course starting dates.
Particularly suitable for business and professional people and all those who require tuition tailor-made to their individual needs. This course can be held any time from Monday to Friday. Students arrange schedule and contents of one-to-one tutorials together with the school administrative and teaching staff. On request, the school organizes lessons for couples. Also in this case, the schedule and the program of tutorials is arranged between learners and staff. One private lesson is 60 minutes long and is available at all levels.
Our courses are divided into five levels of language competence: beginner, elementary, lower intermediate, upper intermediate, advanced. At the start of the first day of classes, an initial written and oral test will be given to assess the students' present level of Italian. At the end of the course, students receive a certificate of attendance, in which the level achieved and the whole duration of the course attended are specified.
The school organizes a full and varied program of social activities for the students such as excursions, seminars, dinners and special evenings. The teaching staff running the activities makes sure that any language or other difficulties are taken care of. A calendar of social events is given to each student the first day of the course.
Some of them are:
* A guided tour of historical Orbetello
* Day excursion to the Island of Giglio included in the course price.
* Afternoon excursion to Feniglia beach by bicycle and visit of the archaeological town of Cosa.
* Afternoon excursion to the enchanting medieval village of Capalbio and visit to the mysterious "Il Giardino dei Tarocchi" of the famous artist Niki de Saint Phalle.
* Seminar and wine tasting followed by night time swim at waterfalls in Saturnia.
* Visit to the Spanish fortresses
* Dinners in typical Italian restaurants
* Italian wine
* Italian cooking
* Italian music
* Italian cinema
There are infinite ways of spending your free time and the school staff is available for information or to reserve any of the activities listed below:
* Canoing on the lagoon
* Horse riding
* Scuba diving
* Mountain biking
The school helps students find accommodation in Orbetello. The different types of accommodation available are: single or double room with the use of kitchen, with breakfast or half board (breakfast and dinner), with a host family; in a shared apartment, private apartment (one or two rooms) or in a hotel room (1, 2, 3, or 4 stars). In order to guarantee our customers a pleasant stay in Orbetello all rooms, flats, hotels, etc. are carefully chosen and thoroughly checked by the school staff who does its up most to see that students' expectations are completely satisfied. The school expect students to arrive on the Sunday before the beginning of lessons and to leave their lodgings on the Saturday after the end of the course. Most of these are within walking distance of the school. The types of accommodation offered by the school are:
- Italian host families: Single or double rooms in apartments with carefully chosen Italian host families. These accommodations are very comfortable and the host families are always very friendly and helpful. In this type of accommodation the student can have breakfast and half board.(breakfast and dinner) on request. It is also the best way to improve one's Italian, because the student uses Italian everyday to communicate with the host family.
- Shared Apartment: Single or double rooms in apartments, which are shared with other Italian or foreign students or with the owner of the apartment. All apartments are furnished, all rooms are provided with sheets and and all kitchens are provided with all the necessary facilities to cook and eat on one's own (electrical appliances, cutlery, dishes). This is the best solution for those students who want to have more freedom, but it also means that the student has to clean the house, buy his food, cook and wash the dishes.
- Private Apartment: Studio apartments or apartments for one or more persons. The rent price for private apartments differs according to various factors, such as size and location (in or outside the historic centre). It is possible to choose from various locations, near the school or by the sea. More details are available upon request. Please inform us well in advance.
Lessons per week: 10 - 30
Prices: €. 27/hour
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2008
We offer high quality language courses and a rich program of social activities in one of the most beautiful area of Tuscany, by the sea, near Rome, Florence, Siena and Pisa. The school adopts a fully communicative approach to the teaching of Italian, and the approach is being up-dated all the time. All the teachers are...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: